It’s a comedic series that has some people warning that it could be teetering over the disrespectful side of things.
“Everybody loves Michelle. Michelle is like every person in the Black community’s dear aunt or mother figure, so you can’t really mess her up,” Issa told Sister 2 Sister in the Jan, 2013 edition.
The the first episode of show, she depicts Michelle reacting to the president’s first debate against Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
“He choked. I knew we shouldn’t have had anniversary sex on the plane,” said the Michelle portrayer, who also jokes about her high approval rating, “Scandal,” “Honey Boo Boo” and being raised in Chi-Town. “Don’t let this fabulous J. Crew ensemble fool you. I’m from the South Side of Chicago. Recognize,” she warns.
The brains behind “Awkward Black Girl” and “Roommie, Lover, Friend,” says it was a challenge morphing into the first lady without going overboard.
“I didn’t want to disrespect her because I love Michelle as well, but I kind of wanted to show her in a comedic light,” she said. “I wanted to show her in the best light possible, but still poke fun at the stress she might be going through in the White House.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here