It’s a comedic series that has some people warning that it could be teetering over the disrespectful side of things.
“Everybody loves Michelle. Michelle is like every person in the Black community’s dear aunt or mother figure, so you can’t really mess her up,” Issa told Sister 2 Sister in the Jan, 2013 edition.
The the first episode of show, she depicts Michelle reacting to the president’s first debate against Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
“He choked. I knew we shouldn’t have had anniversary sex on the plane,” said the Michelle portrayer, who also jokes about her high approval rating, “Scandal,” “Honey Boo Boo” and being raised in Chi-Town. “Don’t let this fabulous J. Crew ensemble fool you. I’m from the South Side of Chicago. Recognize,” she warns.
The brains behind “Awkward Black Girl” and “Roommie, Lover, Friend,” says it was a challenge morphing into the first lady without going overboard.
“I didn’t want to disrespect her because I love Michelle as well, but I kind of wanted to show her in a comedic light,” she said. “I wanted to show her in the best light possible, but still poke fun at the stress she might be going through in the White House.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here