As one would expect, she was not happy with Drizzy for putting her name in his mouth in such a disrespectful way.
A few months ago Drake said publicly that he regretted the line, but apparently he also apologized to her via a text message.
The line that Drake rapped, if you aren’t aware, is on Rick Ross’ Rich Forever mixtape, and it goes like this:
“Kobe ’bout to lose a hundred fifty M’s/Kobe my n—a I hate it had to be him/Bitch you wasn’t with me shooting in the gym.”
Of course at that time, Vanessa and her husband, Kobe Bryant, weren’t getting along so well and speculation was that they were getting divorced. Fast forward to now and from what we can see, the couple seems to be doing just fine.
Here’s Vanessa’s response via Instagram:
“I love when immature kids quote a rapper that has never been friends with Kobe and knows nothing about our relationship,” she wrote. “Just shows how gullible they are. I don’t need to be in the gym. I’m raising our daughters, signing checks and taking care of everything else that pertains to our home life. But thanks for your concern over an immature quote.
I really wish people would stop THINK and then realize that they are being sucked into someone’s clear intention to monetize and gain attention off of our family’s heartache. This is real life. I hold down our home life so my husband can focus on his career. It’s a partnership.
Since my husband isn’t friends with Drake, we received a text of an apology forwarded from his manager. It’s done and over with and it’s now time for people to THINK before speaking.”
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here