*ESPN anchor Stuart Scott said on Monday that he will undergo more chemotherapy treatments for cancer.
On Twitter, the ESPN anchor said, “I’m back in the fight. C reared its head again. Chemo evry 2 weeks, but I’ll still work, still work out.”
ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys said Scott “plans to continue to work the best he can around his treatments.”
Scott also has some pretty strong feelings about Lance Armstrong.
In a word, he’s “grateful.” But it has nothing to do with the controversy swirling around the famed cyclist. Instead, it’s about Scott’s battles against cancer.
On the same day that Armstrong confessed to doping in a taped interview with Oprah Winfrey, Scott paid homage to Livestrong, the charity Armstrong founded to support cancer patients.
Asked how he feels about Armstrong now, Scott responded via Twitter that he felt “the same as before.”
“I’m 1 of millions of (cancer) survivors he’s helped. #grateful.”
Scott fell ill in 2007 and underwent an emergency appendectomy during which doctors found a malignancy. He later underwent chemotherapy. At the time, doctors indicated they were confident they had removed the cancerous tissue. Scott said at the time that he’s “not the type of guy to let this eat up my life.”
In 2011, Scott announced on Twitter that he was undergoing chemotherapy for cancer, but he did not disclose more details.
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here