*The history of video game adaptations on the big screen … well it’s been pathetic, and that’s being charitable.
The Resident Evil films spawned a good franchise, but aside from that, most of them have been just awful. Does anyone remember Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Damme or Super Mario Brothers, with Dennis Hopper? Or Max Payne, with Mark Whalberg, or Hitman, with Timothy Olyphant? Yuck.
DUKE NUKEM 3D – The wisecracking Duke Nukem was at the heart of one of the most hilariously entertaining action adventures ever, complete with strippers and pig cops. It’s a wonder it hasn’t been made into a film yet. It would need an actor who can easily balance action and comedy – in other words, it’s the perfect vehicle for Jamie Foxx.
SYPHON FILTER – One of the best Playstation games of all time, the original Syphon Filter was a fantastic spy adventure starring a bruising secret agent Gabriel Logan, and boasting a too-entertaining “roast your enemies with a taser gun” option. Who can pull off Logan’s suaveness and bulk? Let’s go with Idris Elba for this one.
DRIV3R – Speaking of racing games, Driv3r was one of the best ever, a smash-em-up, speedy action thriller romp through Miami, France and Turkey headed by ace wheelman Turner (voiced by Quentin Tarantino’s favorite, Michael Madsen). Since Madsen’s pretty crazy, let’s replace him with the great Anthony Mackie. He deserves his own action franchise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here