*EURweb publisher and legendary broadcaster, Lee Bailey, has been tapped by the County of Los Angeles, AC Bilbrew Library, to present excerpts from his critically-acclaimed radio docu-drama, King: From Atlanta to the Mountaintop.
The tribute, which utilizes Bailey’s unique baritone voice, vividly recounts the unforgettable events of Dr. King’s life during the Civil Rights era; with moving excerpts from some of his most impassioned speeches. Audiences will also hear Coretta Scott King speak of her husband’s motivations and strategic moves, and the people Dr. King studied and held as his mentors.
Friends and colleagues of Martin Luther King – including the Reverend Ralph Abernathy – share emotional and chilling stories about the environment and people they encountered on many occasions during their support of the man. You will get chills as you listen to Miss Rosa Parks – describe the climate she endured with one bus driver in particular in the weeks leading up to the day she decided she had had enough, and refused to give up her seat. This will be an interactive experience, where attendees will have the opportunity to participate in discussions.
ALL are invited. The event takes place Saturday, January 12, 2013, at 2PM at the AC Bilbrew Library, 150 E El Segundo Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. 90061.
For more information call 310-538-3350
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here