*EURweb publisher and legendary broadcaster, Lee Bailey, has been tapped by the County of Los Angeles, AC Bilbrew Library, to present excerpts from his critically-acclaimed radio docu-drama, King: From Atlanta to the Mountaintop.
The tribute, which utilizes Bailey’s unique baritone voice, vividly recounts the unforgettable events of Dr. King’s life during the Civil Rights era; with moving excerpts from some of his most impassioned speeches. Audiences will also hear Coretta Scott King speak of her husband’s motivations and strategic moves, and the people Dr. King studied and held as his mentors.
Friends and colleagues of Martin Luther King – including the Reverend Ralph Abernathy – share emotional and chilling stories about the environment and people they encountered on many occasions during their support of the man. You will get chills as you listen to Miss Rosa Parks – describe the climate she endured with one bus driver in particular in the weeks leading up to the day she decided she had had enough, and refused to give up her seat. This will be an interactive experience, where attendees will have the opportunity to participate in discussions.
ALL are invited. The event takes place Saturday, January 12, 2013, at 2PM at the AC Bilbrew Library, 150 E El Segundo Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. 90061.
For more information call 310-538-3350
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here