*”You can officially expect ‘Lip Lock’ on May 14,” says rapper Eve in an interview with Billboard.com.
Following an eleven-year recording hiatus, the artist has announced the release date of her fourth studio album, a follow up to 2002’s “Eve-Olution” in 2007.
Why such a long hiatus? Eve had initially shelved the project due to issues with her then-label, Interscope, and started over from scratch. “It’s not the same record,” she tells Billboard. “I just kept the same name. It took a minute to get out of the situation that I was in back then. That’s what took so long.”
Eve says that “Lip Lock” will be released on her own independent label, the recently formed FTR Music, or From the Ribs Music. The album will be distributed through Sony/Red.
The Grammy winning artist dropped a buzz single, titled “She Bad Bad,” on Oct. 9, a track she considers different than anything she’s done in the past. The video posted on Jan. 8 and has already hit over 1.2 million views on YouTube. [Scroll down to watch.]
“It blew me away,” says Eve in response to the fan reception. “It makes me feel like people definitely did miss me and they want to hear some more.” The remix of “She Bad Bad” features Pusha T and Juicy J.
Eve’s new single, “Make it Out This Town,” will emerge in the next three weeks. “It is a track about being in a dark place — or you could literally say being in the town that you’re in but you have bigger dreams or bigger hopes… just making it out of that situation and knowing that you can do whatever it is that you put your mind to. It’s a song that I’m dedicating and using with my partnership with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.” The track features Gabe Saporta from Cobra Starship.
“Lip Lock” will also include guest appearances by Snoop Dogg and Chrisette Michele, as well as a few other “little surprises” that Eve alluded to.
“There are so many great tracks on the album,” says Eve who ran Billboard though her favorites: “‘Eve’ is one of my favorites. I’m obsessed with it! ‘Mama in the Kitchen’ is the one with Snoop on it. I love that! Those and ‘Make it Out This Town’ — which is a very positive record — are probably my top 3.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues: Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here