*In a special addition of “Farrakhan Speaks,” during which he is asked a wide-range of questions from the staff of the Final Call, Minister Louis Farrakhan calls film-maker and humanitarian, Tyler Perry, one of the most brilliant young entrepreneurs of our time, and says that he is grateful to him for bringing Madea to the forefront of America’s consciousness, reports News One.
“I have never seen his portrayal of Madea as a man cross-dressing. I saw his wonderful portrayal of Madea as bringing to the forefront the strongest person in the history of our sojourn in America, and that is Madea,” he said. “That strong, black woman who was the cornerstone of her family. She always was that figure that guidance [of] correction, reprimand, discipline, and Tyler Perry brought her to the screen in funny ways, but what I was seeing was the greatness of the strong, black woman who saw us through, from yesterday until today.”
Minister Farrakhan goes on to compare Perry to Imam W. Deen Muhammad, the son of The Honorable Elijah Muhammad who helmed the Nation of Islam after his father’s death. Imam Muhammad, in addition to his spiritual leadership, combined psychology and art to heal the black community, notes News One. And Minister Farrakhan along the same line.
“When you look at Tyler Perry’s movies, you see the brilliance of T.D. Jakes, a spiritual giant. You see the majesty of human problems acted out,” said Farrakhan. “So you could sit in the theater and see yourself in your madness, in your gladness, in your goodness, in your evil, then come out of that experience, for a $15 ticket and some popcorn, and say, ‘Wow, I feel better.’
“So this New Year is a shout-out to the giant called Tyler Perry. A spiritual giant, a magnificent human being, and I pray that this year his art, his greatness, will shine even more in healing our people through mass projection of drama through films and plays.”
In the video interview below with the Final Call editors, watch Minister Farrakhan discuss Tyler Perry as well hear him share his opinion on the “superb” acting in Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained” and more:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here