*The legal team for Trayvon Martin‘s Killer, George Zimmerman, think they’re on to something.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Zimmerman’s counsel has received a copy of the 17-year-old’s school records.
“We are entitled to receive the school records because some information in Trayvon Martin’s file could be relevant in the defense of George Zimmerman,” the website for Zimmerman’s legal defense said Wednesday.
The records from Miami-Dade schools have not been made available to the public, but portions could be revealed later, according to Zimmerman’s legal team
“If any detail of the school records should be considered relevant in the course of a Self-Defense Immunity Hearing, only the parts deemed relevant to the case will be entered into evidence,” the website said.
That hearing could happen in April.
Both state prosecutors and Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon’s parents, objected to releasing the records, stating that they were irrelevant to the case.
According to the lawyers, because Zimmerman did not know Trayvon before the Feb. 26 shooting, the teen’s past was not a factor in the case.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson on Oct. 19 granted the order to release the records, saying that Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, was entitled to the information.
O’Mara apologized for the request but said he owed it to his client to look into Trayvon’s past.
Get more of this story at the Orlando Sentinel.
Meanwhile, across from the Goldsboro Welcome Center in Sanford, Fl. a new Trayvon Martin memorial is in the works. Watch this video report for the details:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here