*The legal team for Trayvon Martin‘s Killer, George Zimmerman, think they’re on to something.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Zimmerman’s counsel has received a copy of the 17-year-old’s school records.
“We are entitled to receive the school records because some information in Trayvon Martin’s file could be relevant in the defense of George Zimmerman,” the website for Zimmerman’s legal defense said Wednesday.
The records from Miami-Dade schools have not been made available to the public, but portions could be revealed later, according to Zimmerman’s legal team
“If any detail of the school records should be considered relevant in the course of a Self-Defense Immunity Hearing, only the parts deemed relevant to the case will be entered into evidence,” the website said.
That hearing could happen in April.
Both state prosecutors and Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon’s parents, objected to releasing the records, stating that they were irrelevant to the case.
According to the lawyers, because Zimmerman did not know Trayvon before the Feb. 26 shooting, the teen’s past was not a factor in the case.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson on Oct. 19 granted the order to release the records, saying that Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, was entitled to the information.
O’Mara apologized for the request but said he owed it to his client to look into Trayvon’s past.
Get more of this story at the Orlando Sentinel.
Meanwhile, across from the Goldsboro Welcome Center in Sanford, Fl. a new Trayvon Martin memorial is in the works. Watch this video report for the details:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here