*By now it should be obvious that “Django Unchained” director Quentin Tarantino has no problem with folks taking offense at his liberal use of the N-word either within his movies, or while discussing his films in interviews.
Still, the press room at last night’s Golden Globes appeared taken aback when the director, who won for best screenplay, began dropping the N-bomb again.
Addressing the unending conversation over the 100-plus times the characters in the slavery-themed spaghetti Western used the racist term, Tarantino himself uttered the phrase, to audible gasps from the scribes in the winners’ room. [Listen below.]
“They think I should soften it, that I should lie, that I should massage.” Tarantino said, referring to writers and filmmakers such as Spike Lee, who have criticized his use of the slur in the film. The film’s setting of 1860 antebellum south, he said, made that impossible, as did his artistic integrity. “I would never do that when it comes to my characters,” the director added.
He also pointed out that slavery is still going on across the globe — “go to Malaysia” — and even in the United States, the legal system has a bias against African Americans.
“Drug laws put so many black males in jails,” he said. “The way private and public prisons trade prisoners back and forth. It’s like they are not even hiding it anymore.”
Listen to his remarks below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here