*In a revealing article titled ‘What R&B Can Learn from Country Music,’ Soul Tracks publisher Chris Rizik has tapped a groundswell of comments from old school R&B fans, musicians, songwriters, music executives, and others including artist Will Downing.
Citing the detailed music summary for 2012 that was just released by Nielsen and Billboard magazine, Rizik highlights some astonishing sales performance comparisons of R&B and Country music that suggests R&B is in a serious nosedive.
The numbers indicate that the wide appeal established by companies like Motown in the 20th century is now maintained by Country as if they took a page right out of the R&B playbook. The overwhelming response to the article speaks volumes about the huge audience that mainstream Urban radio is neglecting. With once staunch R&B fans now admittedly switching to Country, is R&B headed for extinction?
Click here to read the entire story and revealing comments at Soul Tracks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here