*In a revealing article titled ‘What R&B Can Learn from Country Music,’ Soul Tracks publisher Chris Rizik has tapped a groundswell of comments from old school R&B fans, musicians, songwriters, music executives, and others including artist Will Downing.
Citing the detailed music summary for 2012 that was just released by Nielsen and Billboard magazine, Rizik highlights some astonishing sales performance comparisons of R&B and Country music that suggests R&B is in a serious nosedive.
The numbers indicate that the wide appeal established by companies like Motown in the 20th century is now maintained by Country as if they took a page right out of the R&B playbook. The overwhelming response to the article speaks volumes about the huge audience that mainstream Urban radio is neglecting. With once staunch R&B fans now admittedly switching to Country, is R&B headed for extinction?
Click here to read the entire story and revealing comments at Soul Tracks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thousands in D.C. for 20th Anniversary of Million Man March
- Study Reveals White People Think Black People Are 'Superhuman'
- The Braxtons Announce Christmas Album
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here