*In a revealing article titled ‘What R&B Can Learn from Country Music,’ Soul Tracks publisher Chris Rizik has tapped a groundswell of comments from old school R&B fans, musicians, songwriters, music executives, and others including artist Will Downing.
Citing the detailed music summary for 2012 that was just released by Nielsen and Billboard magazine, Rizik highlights some astonishing sales performance comparisons of R&B and Country music that suggests R&B is in a serious nosedive.
The numbers indicate that the wide appeal established by companies like Motown in the 20th century is now maintained by Country as if they took a page right out of the R&B playbook. The overwhelming response to the article speaks volumes about the huge audience that mainstream Urban radio is neglecting. With once staunch R&B fans now admittedly switching to Country, is R&B headed for extinction?
Click here to read the entire story and revealing comments at Soul Tracks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here