*In a revealing article titled ‘What R&B Can Learn from Country Music,’ Soul Tracks publisher Chris Rizik has tapped a groundswell of comments from old school R&B fans, musicians, songwriters, music executives, and others including artist Will Downing.
Citing the detailed music summary for 2012 that was just released by Nielsen and Billboard magazine, Rizik highlights some astonishing sales performance comparisons of R&B and Country music that suggests R&B is in a serious nosedive.
The numbers indicate that the wide appeal established by companies like Motown in the 20th century is now maintained by Country as if they took a page right out of the R&B playbook. The overwhelming response to the article speaks volumes about the huge audience that mainstream Urban radio is neglecting. With once staunch R&B fans now admittedly switching to Country, is R&B headed for extinction?
Click here to read the entire story and revealing comments at Soul Tracks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here