*Sarah Palin has ended her paid gig with Fox News Channel.
The former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate, who was hired as a contributor in 2010 for $1 million annually, has ended her three-year run with the News Corp.-owned network. FNC executive vp programming Bill Shine released a statement confirming her departure Friday.
“We have thoroughly enjoyed our association with Gov. Palin,” said Shine. “We wish her the best in her future endeavors.”
The writing on the wall began last year when Fox News began cutting down her screen time. It’s unclear whether the decision not to renew the contract was Palin’s or the network’s, but she hadn’t appeared on FNC since mid-December.
The outspoken conservative had publicly voiced her displeasure with her employer, most notably posting a note on Facebook in August.
“I’m sorry Fox canceled all my scheduled interviews tonight because I sure wanted to take the opportunity on the air to highlight Senator John McCain’s positive contributions to America, to honor him, and to reflect on what a biased media unfairly put him through four years ago tonight,” she wrote, referring to the occasion of vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan’s Republican National Convention speech.
In the wake of her comments, Fox News Channel president and chairman Roger Ailes spoke publicly of his decision to bring Palin aboard, saying, “I hired Sarah Palin because she was hot and got ratings.”
FNC remains the top-rated cable news network in both viewers and the coveted adults 25-54 demographic, but Palin’s draw has noticeably diminished in the years since her unsuccessful bid for the vice presidency in 2008.
FNC recently renewed its contract with another contributor, political strategist Karl Rove.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here