Former contestant and now superstar singer Jennifer Hudson thinks so.
The celebrity is sharing a bit of advice to the show’s producers, saying it’s nearing its end.
With so many changes on the judging panel and the recent dramatics between Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, Jennifer says it’s wiser to stop while ahead than to end on a sour note.
“‘American Idol’ changed the face of television,” she said. “So, not everyone can say that. And, it’s always been a phenomenon. I’m proud to have come from ‘American Idol,’ so I just say, go out on top.”
Elaborating further, she added that with the recent changes to the show, it appears the popularity and response from audiences has dwindled significantly.
“I am curious to see the judges on the show, from Mariah [Carey] to Nicki [Minaj], and I’m not too familiar with anyone else, but I think the public is so used to seeing the faces of Simon [Cowell], Paula [Abdul] and Randy [Jackson],” she commented. “It’s kind of hard to adjust to new characters. So whatever they’re doing, it’s probably a good thing.”
In the meantime, J. Hud is set to make her “Smash” debut on Feb. 5 on NBC.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here