Former contestant and now superstar singer Jennifer Hudson thinks so.
The celebrity is sharing a bit of advice to the show’s producers, saying it’s nearing its end.
With so many changes on the judging panel and the recent dramatics between Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, Jennifer says it’s wiser to stop while ahead than to end on a sour note.
“‘American Idol’ changed the face of television,” she said. “So, not everyone can say that. And, it’s always been a phenomenon. I’m proud to have come from ‘American Idol,’ so I just say, go out on top.”
Elaborating further, she added that with the recent changes to the show, it appears the popularity and response from audiences has dwindled significantly.
“I am curious to see the judges on the show, from Mariah [Carey] to Nicki [Minaj], and I’m not too familiar with anyone else, but I think the public is so used to seeing the faces of Simon [Cowell], Paula [Abdul] and Randy [Jackson],” she commented. “It’s kind of hard to adjust to new characters. So whatever they’re doing, it’s probably a good thing.”
In the meantime, J. Hud is set to make her “Smash” debut on Feb. 5 on NBC.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here