*The veteran production team of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have signed an exclusive worldwide publishing administration agreement with Universal Music Publishing Group that will see the duo release their first album project, the company announced on Wednesday.
The deal will encompass all new work written by Jam and Lewis and exclude the duo’s massive back catalog, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Both Jam and Lewis expressed their excitement about the new deal. “Terry and I have shared a long history of success with Evan and Zach over the years and are thrilled to be partnered with them and their innovative team at Universal,” Jam said.
Since forming their music company Flyte Tyme in 1982, Jam and Lewis have garnered more than 100 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond albums with artists including Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, Beyonce, Sting, Mary J. Blige, Elton John, Usher, Yolanda Adams, Herb Alpert, Luther Vandross, Rod Stewart, New Edition, Human League, Earth, Wind and Fire, Mariah Carey, Robert Palmer, Gwen Stefani, Kanye West and Janet Jackson.
Jam and Lewis also have more number ones than any other songwriting and production team in history, with over 100 Billboard Top 10 songs, including 26 number one R&B hits and 16 number one Hot 100 hits.
Also five-time Grammy Award winners, Jam & Lewis has more than 100 ASCAP awards for songwriting and publishing including the most recent ASCAP Awards for the number one Billboard Rap/Hip-Hop song “My Last” by Big Sean and Chris Brown, and the Number One Gospel Song of the Year “I Smile” by Kirk Franklin.
2013 marks the 30th year of Jam and Lewis’ business partnership, which they will be commemorating with their first ever Jam & Lewis album project, under the new agreement with UMPG.
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here