*The veteran production team of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have signed an exclusive worldwide publishing administration agreement with Universal Music Publishing Group that will see the duo release their first album project, the company announced on Wednesday.
The deal will encompass all new work written by Jam and Lewis and exclude the duo’s massive back catalog, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Both Jam and Lewis expressed their excitement about the new deal. “Terry and I have shared a long history of success with Evan and Zach over the years and are thrilled to be partnered with them and their innovative team at Universal,” Jam said.
Since forming their music company Flyte Tyme in 1982, Jam and Lewis have garnered more than 100 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond albums with artists including Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, Beyonce, Sting, Mary J. Blige, Elton John, Usher, Yolanda Adams, Herb Alpert, Luther Vandross, Rod Stewart, New Edition, Human League, Earth, Wind and Fire, Mariah Carey, Robert Palmer, Gwen Stefani, Kanye West and Janet Jackson.
Jam and Lewis also have more number ones than any other songwriting and production team in history, with over 100 Billboard Top 10 songs, including 26 number one R&B hits and 16 number one Hot 100 hits.
Also five-time Grammy Award winners, Jam & Lewis has more than 100 ASCAP awards for songwriting and publishing including the most recent ASCAP Awards for the number one Billboard Rap/Hip-Hop song “My Last” by Big Sean and Chris Brown, and the Number One Gospel Song of the Year “I Smile” by Kirk Franklin.
2013 marks the 30th year of Jam and Lewis’ business partnership, which they will be commemorating with their first ever Jam & Lewis album project, under the new agreement with UMPG.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here