Like many famous people out there, his 74-year-old father and family is reaching out to him via tabloids, blaming the actor for a strained relationship.
“We’ve called Jamie several times over the years and left hundreds of messages,” the actor’s stepmother Hellema Abdullah told The ENQUIRER.
“But he has never returned our calls. Now his father is sick with severe scar tissue on his lungs and has to be on oxygen every day. I just wish Jamie would call.”
Jamie’s parents, Darrell Bishop and Louise Annette Talley, were very young when he was born. Overwhelmed, they decided to let Louise’s parents adopt him, and he was raised in a strict Christian home.
The actor, raised by his grandmother, kept in contact with his father sporadically over the years. But after his grandmother passed in 2004, contact had been almost completely cut off.
By the way, Foxx’s father converted to Islam and changed his name to Shaheed Abdullah, and for a while the star had minimal contact with him.
An insider claims that by cutting off contact, Jamie is getting revenge against his father for all the years he was abandoned. Jamie even discussed the pain of being given away by parents who still lived nearby.
“I still ask myself why they didn’t want me. Maybe they weren’t ready to raise a child. Was it too inconvenient? I lived just up the street from them. I’ll never understand it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here