Like many famous people out there, his 74-year-old father and family is reaching out to him via tabloids, blaming the actor for a strained relationship.
“We’ve called Jamie several times over the years and left hundreds of messages,” the actor’s stepmother Hellema Abdullah told The ENQUIRER.
“But he has never returned our calls. Now his father is sick with severe scar tissue on his lungs and has to be on oxygen every day. I just wish Jamie would call.”
Jamie’s parents, Darrell Bishop and Louise Annette Talley, were very young when he was born. Overwhelmed, they decided to let Louise’s parents adopt him, and he was raised in a strict Christian home.
The actor, raised by his grandmother, kept in contact with his father sporadically over the years. But after his grandmother passed in 2004, contact had been almost completely cut off.
By the way, Foxx’s father converted to Islam and changed his name to Shaheed Abdullah, and for a while the star had minimal contact with him.
An insider claims that by cutting off contact, Jamie is getting revenge against his father for all the years he was abandoned. Jamie even discussed the pain of being given away by parents who still lived nearby.
“I still ask myself why they didn’t want me. Maybe they weren’t ready to raise a child. Was it too inconvenient? I lived just up the street from them. I’ll never understand it.”
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here