Like many famous people out there, his 74-year-old father and family is reaching out to him via tabloids, blaming the actor for a strained relationship.
“We’ve called Jamie several times over the years and left hundreds of messages,” the actor’s stepmother Hellema Abdullah told The ENQUIRER.
“But he has never returned our calls. Now his father is sick with severe scar tissue on his lungs and has to be on oxygen every day. I just wish Jamie would call.”
Jamie’s parents, Darrell Bishop and Louise Annette Talley, were very young when he was born. Overwhelmed, they decided to let Louise’s parents adopt him, and he was raised in a strict Christian home.
The actor, raised by his grandmother, kept in contact with his father sporadically over the years. But after his grandmother passed in 2004, contact had been almost completely cut off.
By the way, Foxx’s father converted to Islam and changed his name to Shaheed Abdullah, and for a while the star had minimal contact with him.
An insider claims that by cutting off contact, Jamie is getting revenge against his father for all the years he was abandoned. Jamie even discussed the pain of being given away by parents who still lived nearby.
“I still ask myself why they didn’t want me. Maybe they weren’t ready to raise a child. Was it too inconvenient? I lived just up the street from them. I’ll never understand it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here