*JJ Hairston’s blow out gospel album, “After This” has closed the year out on Billboard’s Top Gospel Songs chart at no. 5 and landed in the top 20 of the Year End Gospel Sales Charts. The hit single “Lord of All” has also reached no. 12 at Radio.
Released in March last year, “After This” is JJ’s sixth straight live recording, the first since the highly celebrated “Resting On His Promise.”
A Stellar Award nominated Gospel artist, JJ has become known for a gospel sound that is unique in its musicality and delivery. JJ intentionally takes Youthful Praise back to basics with signature vocals, harmonies and that special East Coast sound that made a permanent impact almost 10 years ago.
The album includes songs of power, praise, and purpose, giving fans and listeners a dose of love and encouragement.
For the past two years, Hairston has been the music minister at First Cathedral Church in Bloomfield, CT and recently became the Mass Choir director at Triumph Church in Detroit, MI. These roles influence Hairston’s approach on AFTER THIS – giving the album a more message-conscious feel. “I want people to know what and who God really is,” said Hairston. “I want listeners to walk away with a different mind-set.
Even when we think about the simple things in our lives, we should be grateful. I want people to really appreciate the messages on this album.”
AFTER THIS is a musical reminder of who God is – the full greatness of Him and how we, His believers should be approaching Him. One great selection is “I Am” which was written by worship leader, Eddie James. A popular theme it speaks to God being everything – He is Love, Peace, Healing and more. “It is a theme that needs to be heard … we need to be reminded of what He really does and is,” Hairston said.
For more information on JJ Hairston log onto www.youthfulpraise.org
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here