*Santa Monica, CA – Kicking off Lionsgate’s new partnership with Codeblack Films to produce and distribute feature films and other projects for the urban market, Codeblack has acquired stand-up comedy mega-star Kevin Hart’s concert film KEVIN HART: LET ME EXPLAIN, the Company announced today.
The film is financed and executive produced by Hart and his Hartbeat Productions banner, and produced by Jeff Clanagan via the Codeblack Films banner. KEVIN HART: LET ME EXPLAIN captures the laughter, energy and mayhemfrom Hart’s 2012 “Let Me Explain” concert tour, which spanned 10 countries and 80 cities, and generated over $32 million in ticket sales. Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment label is targeting a broad summer theatrical release over theJuly 4, 2013 holiday weekend.
The film follows Codeblack’s box office success KEVIN HART: LAUGH AT MY PAIN, which generated a stellar $7.7 million at the domestic box office playing in limited release in September 2011.
Hart’s “Let Me Explain” tour was one of the most successful comedy tours of all time, with more than 540,000 tickets sold. Both of his shows at New York’s Madison Square Garden and his performance at London’s O2 Arena sold out, as well as his appearances in Canada, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Amsterdam. The tour concluded this past New Year’s Eve in Los Angeles by selling out the Staples Center and grossing over $1 million in revenue in one night. Only five other comedians – Andrew Dice Clay, Dane Cook, Chris Rock, Russell Peters and Eddie Murphy – have sold out Madison Square Garden where KEVIN HART: LET ME EXPLAIN was filmed.
“Let Me Explain is my best work to date. I am beyond excited by how my fans will be able to see my growth as a stand-up comedian from my first special I’m a Grown Little Man until now,” said Hart.
Clanagan said, “I am very excited about working with Kevin on his next stand up film. We laid the groundwork with Laugh at My Pain. Let me Explainwill show Kevin’s growth as a comedian and entrepreneur as well as his global appeal.”
Lionsgate forged a partnership with Codeblack in May 2012 to draw upon Clanagan and his team’s 20 years of entrepreneurial expertise in developing hit films, television series, home entertainment, music and new media for the urban market.
In addition to his work as a stand-up comedian, Hart’s most recent feature film acting credits include THINK LIKE A MAN, THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT, DEATH AT A FUNERAL and LITTLE FOCKERS.
East Coast Branded/Partner
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here