The top-selling gospel superstar currently hosts Black Entertainment Television’s hit competition series, “Sunday Best,” which returns this summer for its sixth season.
Now the 42-year-old songwriter/producer will join GSN’s “The American Bible Challenge” as musical co-host for the second season, according to Jawn Murray’s Always A-list.
The studio-based game show, in which contestants compete based on their knowledge of the Bible, is hosted by comedian Jeff Foxworthy.
“The show is a fresh and fun approach to celebrating the Word of God, and being able to provide an element of praise, worship and honor is both exciting and humbling,” Franklin said.
Season one of “The American Bible Challenge” scored 1.7 million viewers, a record for GSN.
Season two premieres on March 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here