*The old saw that says “if I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all” seems to apply to the LA Lakers this year. For whatever reason, they just can’t get right.
The latest stroke of bad luck to happen to the team is news that Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill will miss their up coming 3-game road trip with injuries, leaving the struggling team without its top three big men indefinitely.
Howard has a torn labrum in his right shoulder, and Gasol has a concussion after taking an elbow in the face late in Sunday night’s loss to the Denver Nuggets. Hill, a key backup to both starting big men, has a right hip injury.
The three injuries are the latest blows for the Lakers (15-18), who still have not meshed despite a star-studded roster, a high payroll and an early-season coaching change. Los Angeles has lost three straight and four of five since beating the Knicks on Dec. 25, falling to 11th place in the Western Conference.
“The N.B.A. is unforgiving, and nobody is feeling sorry for us,” Lakers Coach Mike D’Antoni said. “There’s 29 other teams that are happy, and we’ve got to do the best we can do. It’s kind of weird coming to work thinking you have three centers, and all three of them are hurt on the same day.”
Get more of this story at NY Times.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here