*The old saw that says “if I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all” seems to apply to the LA Lakers this year. For whatever reason, they just can’t get right.
The latest stroke of bad luck to happen to the team is news that Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill will miss their up coming 3-game road trip with injuries, leaving the struggling team without its top three big men indefinitely.
Howard has a torn labrum in his right shoulder, and Gasol has a concussion after taking an elbow in the face late in Sunday night’s loss to the Denver Nuggets. Hill, a key backup to both starting big men, has a right hip injury.
The three injuries are the latest blows for the Lakers (15-18), who still have not meshed despite a star-studded roster, a high payroll and an early-season coaching change. Los Angeles has lost three straight and four of five since beating the Knicks on Dec. 25, falling to 11th place in the Western Conference.
“The N.B.A. is unforgiving, and nobody is feeling sorry for us,” Lakers Coach Mike D’Antoni said. “There’s 29 other teams that are happy, and we’ve got to do the best we can do. It’s kind of weird coming to work thinking you have three centers, and all three of them are hurt on the same day.”
Get more of this story at NY Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here