*The old saw that says “if I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all” seems to apply to the LA Lakers this year. For whatever reason, they just can’t get right.
The latest stroke of bad luck to happen to the team is news that Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill will miss their up coming 3-game road trip with injuries, leaving the struggling team without its top three big men indefinitely.
Howard has a torn labrum in his right shoulder, and Gasol has a concussion after taking an elbow in the face late in Sunday night’s loss to the Denver Nuggets. Hill, a key backup to both starting big men, has a right hip injury.
The three injuries are the latest blows for the Lakers (15-18), who still have not meshed despite a star-studded roster, a high payroll and an early-season coaching change. Los Angeles has lost three straight and four of five since beating the Knicks on Dec. 25, falling to 11th place in the Western Conference.
“The N.B.A. is unforgiving, and nobody is feeling sorry for us,” Lakers Coach Mike D’Antoni said. “There’s 29 other teams that are happy, and we’ve got to do the best we can do. It’s kind of weird coming to work thinking you have three centers, and all three of them are hurt on the same day.”
Get more of this story at NY Times.
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here