*The old saw that says “if I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all” seems to apply to the LA Lakers this year. For whatever reason, they just can’t get right.
The latest stroke of bad luck to happen to the team is news that Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill will miss their up coming 3-game road trip with injuries, leaving the struggling team without its top three big men indefinitely.
Howard has a torn labrum in his right shoulder, and Gasol has a concussion after taking an elbow in the face late in Sunday night’s loss to the Denver Nuggets. Hill, a key backup to both starting big men, has a right hip injury.
The three injuries are the latest blows for the Lakers (15-18), who still have not meshed despite a star-studded roster, a high payroll and an early-season coaching change. Los Angeles has lost three straight and four of five since beating the Knicks on Dec. 25, falling to 11th place in the Western Conference.
“The N.B.A. is unforgiving, and nobody is feeling sorry for us,” Lakers Coach Mike D’Antoni said. “There’s 29 other teams that are happy, and we’ve got to do the best we can do. It’s kind of weird coming to work thinking you have three centers, and all three of them are hurt on the same day.”
Get more of this story at NY Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here