*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here