*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here