*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Prince’s Heirs to Release ‘Hours and Hours’ of Vault Music
- Jada Pinkett Smith on ‘Gotham’ Return; Living in All-DC Comics Household
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here