*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here