*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here