*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here