*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here