*Actor-writer-comedian Larry Wilmore, currently the “senior black correspondent” for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” has booked a series regular role on the NBC comedy pilot “Joe, Joe and Jane,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The semi-autobiographical multicamera comedy, from “New Girl” producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman centers on Joe Waxman, a conflict-avoidant children’s book author caught in an ongoing tug-of-war between two needy, flawed people: his wife Jane (“Army Wives’” Sally Pressman) and his co-author/best friend Joe Dougan; it’s not about a couple, it’s about a “trouple.”
Wilmore will play Walter, Jane’s overly nurturing, recently divorced therapist stepfather. They’re described as having an over-share-type relationship, and often serves as Joe Dougan’s wingman.
In addition to his recent Showtime comedy special, Wilmore’s credits include episodes of “Malibu Country,” “Happy Endings” and “Love Bites.” On the writing side, he was a consulting producer/guest star on “The Office” and created “The Bernie Mac Show,” among others.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here