*Gospel artist Le’Andria Johnson leads on Billboard’s magazine year-end gospel charts. She was named the No. 3 Gospel Albums Artist (with LeCrea at No. 1 and Marvin Sapp at No. 2). Le’Andria also has three albums that charted in the Top 50, including her debut project, The Awakening of Le’Andria Johnson at #8, The Evolution of Le’Andria Johnson at #18 and Le’Andria Johnson The Experience at No. 49.
She also received her first NAACP Image Award Nomination for Outstanding Gospel Album (Traditional or Contemporary) for her current CD project, Le’Andria Johnson The Experience.
“God is great,” says Le’Andria. “The Billboard year-end chart numbers are very encouraging. And I am excited to receive my first NAACP Image Award nomination. This nomination is especially important because of the organization’s long-standing work for civil rights. I am profoundly grateful to all who have voted and acknowledged my work in music and ministry.”
As we approach the 2013 award season, Le’Andria recently received three Stellar Gospel Music Award nominations for her debut project, The Awakening of Le’Andria Johnson. She was nominated for New Artist of the Year, Albertina Walker Female Vocalist of the Year, and Contemporary Female Vocalist of the Year. She will also perform on the 28th Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards at the Grand Ole Opry House on Saturday, January 19, 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here