The rapper unashamedly showed off his disposable cup on national television, causing the “double cup” trend and leaving people wondering what was in his cup.
We’ll probably never know what he was drinking, but the whole cup incident wasn’t his original idea.
“I did it cuz Pimp C did it, flat out,” he tells MTV’s Sway Calloway during the “MTV First” premiere of his “No Worries” music video.
“All I listen to all day is UGK. Everybody know that. Everybody know Pimp C, to me… I mean, you know, next to God and my mama and my kids, man, it’s Pimp C.”
That’s like godhood status.
In honor of his favorite rap hero, he decided to sport the double cup, no matter if anyone else thinks it’s too hood for television.
“I didn’t do it to be cool. And it didn’t matter if Pimp C was cool to you,” Wayne says. “I know I can get in my car and go listen to the radio and then I’m not about to hear Pimp C, so obviously Pimp C ain’t cool to everybody else.”
Now that the dust has cleared and everyone’s pretty much over it, the fact of the matter is, the ‘double cup’ move has become the rap-guy’s signature. If one happens to get a relevant television interview and doesn’t have the styrofoam cup, he’s not in the club of cool kids.
Read/learn more at MTV.
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here