The rapper unashamedly showed off his disposable cup on national television, causing the “double cup” trend and leaving people wondering what was in his cup.
We’ll probably never know what he was drinking, but the whole cup incident wasn’t his original idea.
“I did it cuz Pimp C did it, flat out,” he tells MTV’s Sway Calloway during the “MTV First” premiere of his “No Worries” music video.
“All I listen to all day is UGK. Everybody know that. Everybody know Pimp C, to me… I mean, you know, next to God and my mama and my kids, man, it’s Pimp C.”
That’s like godhood status.
In honor of his favorite rap hero, he decided to sport the double cup, no matter if anyone else thinks it’s too hood for television.
“I didn’t do it to be cool. And it didn’t matter if Pimp C was cool to you,” Wayne says. “I know I can get in my car and go listen to the radio and then I’m not about to hear Pimp C, so obviously Pimp C ain’t cool to everybody else.”
Now that the dust has cleared and everyone’s pretty much over it, the fact of the matter is, the ‘double cup’ move has become the rap-guy’s signature. If one happens to get a relevant television interview and doesn’t have the styrofoam cup, he’s not in the club of cool kids.
Read/learn more at MTV.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here