*Los Angeles County has one of the largest black populations in the country. It is critical that we address the needs of our young people. Mentoring has been proven to be the key to a successful future.
On Saturday, January 12, 2013, Recruitment Teams representing Los Angeles CARES Mentoring Movement, (an affiliate organization of the National CARES Mentoring Movement, founded by Susan L. Taylor), The L.A. Urban League, Youth Mentoring Connection, The 100 Black Men of Los Angeles and HerShe group, will be at the Starbucks located at 3722 Crenshaw Blvd, L.A. Ca 90008
Recruiters with the support of the Starbucks store and the L.A. Urban League will be on hand to sign up potential mentors and provide information on training and the matching process required to ensure the successful matching of mentors with young people waiting for this much needed help.
Los Angeles CARES Mentoring Movement is an affiliate of the National CARES Mentoring Movement. Our purpose is to end the state of emergency in Black America by connecting youth and caring adults to mentoring networks and opportunities in Los Angeles County. Our goal is to fill the pipelines of the many organizations that are serving disproportionate numbers of Black children who are desperately waiting for mentors. We are not a mentoring organization. We are a resource and partner to mentors and mentoring organization. For more information, call (323) 855-0812 or visit www.ncmm.org
With your commitment, we will change the fate of the millions of young African Americans in peril. Join us as a volunteer by helping us recruit potential mentors. Or become a mentor yourself!
Simply call the CARES office at 323-855-0812 or email us at [email protected]. We will provide all that you need to help us make a difference in a child’s life!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here