*Los Angeles County has one of the largest black populations in the country. It is critical that we address the needs of our young people. Mentoring has been proven to be the key to a successful future.
On Saturday, January 12, 2013, Recruitment Teams representing Los Angeles CARES Mentoring Movement, (an affiliate organization of the National CARES Mentoring Movement, founded by Susan L. Taylor), The L.A. Urban League, Youth Mentoring Connection, The 100 Black Men of Los Angeles and HerShe group, will be at the Starbucks located at 3722 Crenshaw Blvd, L.A. Ca 90008
Recruiters with the support of the Starbucks store and the L.A. Urban League will be on hand to sign up potential mentors and provide information on training and the matching process required to ensure the successful matching of mentors with young people waiting for this much needed help.
Los Angeles CARES Mentoring Movement is an affiliate of the National CARES Mentoring Movement. Our purpose is to end the state of emergency in Black America by connecting youth and caring adults to mentoring networks and opportunities in Los Angeles County. Our goal is to fill the pipelines of the many organizations that are serving disproportionate numbers of Black children who are desperately waiting for mentors. We are not a mentoring organization. We are a resource and partner to mentors and mentoring organization. For more information, call (323) 855-0812 or visit www.ncmm.org
With your commitment, we will change the fate of the millions of young African Americans in peril. Join us as a volunteer by helping us recruit potential mentors. Or become a mentor yourself!
Simply call the CARES office at 323-855-0812 or email us at [email protected]. We will provide all that you need to help us make a difference in a child’s life!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here