*Notre Dame football player Manti Te’o shocked the sports world when his story of a fake girlfriend (Lennay Kekua) seeped out to the public. It was so shocking that he scored an interview with news’ most talked about journalist, Katie Couric.
In the interview, he acknowledged that he didn’t tell the truth to family, friends and teammates, but denied any deals with a hoax.
So what was it all about?
Katie asked the million-dollar question: “Are you gay?”
Quickly he denied any sexual cover up.
Instead, he thought he was in a real relationship and thought he was mourning the loss of his real girlfriend who supposedly died of leukemia.
When he attempted to Skype her, there was a black box where her face should have been.
“She would say I can see you I don’t know why you don’t see me,” Te’o said.
“You didn’t think that was weird,” Couric said.
“No.” Te’o then got a call from Ronaiah Tuiasosopo saying that “Kekua” had died. Then, on Dec. 6, he got a call saying that “Kekua” was in fact alive. But he wanted proof so things got a little hairy.
It turns out Tuiasosopo used the photo of Diane O’Meara who he asked to take a picture for a person in the hospital.
By Jan. 13th, the walls of the big hoax came tumbling down and O’Meara found out that her photos and videos had been used to create this fake person after a reporter contacted her.
It wasn’t until Jan. 16th, he found out that Tuiasosopo was impersonating Kekua online, where the two maintained most of their relationship.
Read more about the hoax relationship here.
Check out a clip of the interview with the “are you gay?,” question:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here