*Notre Dame football player Manti Te’o shocked the sports world when his story of a fake girlfriend (Lennay Kekua) seeped out to the public. It was so shocking that he scored an interview with news’ most talked about journalist, Katie Couric.
In the interview, he acknowledged that he didn’t tell the truth to family, friends and teammates, but denied any deals with a hoax.
So what was it all about?
Katie asked the million-dollar question: “Are you gay?”
Quickly he denied any sexual cover up.
Instead, he thought he was in a real relationship and thought he was mourning the loss of his real girlfriend who supposedly died of leukemia.
When he attempted to Skype her, there was a black box where her face should have been.
“She would say I can see you I don’t know why you don’t see me,” Te’o said.
“You didn’t think that was weird,” Couric said.
“No.” Te’o then got a call from Ronaiah Tuiasosopo saying that “Kekua” had died. Then, on Dec. 6, he got a call saying that “Kekua” was in fact alive. But he wanted proof so things got a little hairy.
It turns out Tuiasosopo used the photo of Diane O’Meara who he asked to take a picture for a person in the hospital.
By Jan. 13th, the walls of the big hoax came tumbling down and O’Meara found out that her photos and videos had been used to create this fake person after a reporter contacted her.
It wasn’t until Jan. 16th, he found out that Tuiasosopo was impersonating Kekua online, where the two maintained most of their relationship.
Read more about the hoax relationship here.
Check out a clip of the interview with the “are you gay?,” question:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here