*Mariah Carey shared the spotlight with a six-year-old girl at one of her shows in Sydney, Australia this week after learning she was named in the singer’s honor.
The “American Idol” judge is currently touring Down Under and on Thursday night, Carey brought special guest Mariah Cini onto the stage at the city’s Allphones Arena.
Cini’s father Chris met Carey on her 1998 Australian tour and subsequently named his daughter after her, and Carey repaid him by treating the little girl to a turn on stage and dedicating her song “Close My Eyes” to her.
Chris says, “Mariah Carey is truly a beautiful, genuine person. She’s protective of her fans and she’s not above herself at all. I knew when we were having a baby girl that she would be my Mariah Grace.”
Little Mariah adds, “I’m so excited because I finally get to meet my namesake. I’ve always liked her, from when I was born, basically… Dad always said if she came back (to Australia) we’d go to visit her and I couldn’t believe it. I know I’m one of the luckiest fans in Australia.”
Carey finished her three shows in Sydney on Friday night and wraps up the tour in Melbourne on Saturday (Jan. 5).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here