*Mariah Carey shared the spotlight with a six-year-old girl at one of her shows in Sydney, Australia this week after learning she was named in the singer’s honor.
The “American Idol” judge is currently touring Down Under and on Thursday night, Carey brought special guest Mariah Cini onto the stage at the city’s Allphones Arena.
Cini’s father Chris met Carey on her 1998 Australian tour and subsequently named his daughter after her, and Carey repaid him by treating the little girl to a turn on stage and dedicating her song “Close My Eyes” to her.
Chris says, “Mariah Carey is truly a beautiful, genuine person. She’s protective of her fans and she’s not above herself at all. I knew when we were having a baby girl that she would be my Mariah Grace.”
Little Mariah adds, “I’m so excited because I finally get to meet my namesake. I’ve always liked her, from when I was born, basically… Dad always said if she came back (to Australia) we’d go to visit her and I couldn’t believe it. I know I’m one of the luckiest fans in Australia.”
Carey finished her three shows in Sydney on Friday night and wraps up the tour in Melbourne on Saturday (Jan. 5).
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here