*Mariah Carey shared the spotlight with a six-year-old girl at one of her shows in Sydney, Australia this week after learning she was named in the singer’s honor.
The “American Idol” judge is currently touring Down Under and on Thursday night, Carey brought special guest Mariah Cini onto the stage at the city’s Allphones Arena.
Cini’s father Chris met Carey on her 1998 Australian tour and subsequently named his daughter after her, and Carey repaid him by treating the little girl to a turn on stage and dedicating her song “Close My Eyes” to her.
Chris says, “Mariah Carey is truly a beautiful, genuine person. She’s protective of her fans and she’s not above herself at all. I knew when we were having a baby girl that she would be my Mariah Grace.”
Little Mariah adds, “I’m so excited because I finally get to meet my namesake. I’ve always liked her, from when I was born, basically… Dad always said if she came back (to Australia) we’d go to visit her and I couldn’t believe it. I know I’m one of the luckiest fans in Australia.”
Carey finished her three shows in Sydney on Friday night and wraps up the tour in Melbourne on Saturday (Jan. 5).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here