*Mariah Carey shared the spotlight with a six-year-old girl at one of her shows in Sydney, Australia this week after learning she was named in the singer’s honor.
The “American Idol” judge is currently touring Down Under and on Thursday night, Carey brought special guest Mariah Cini onto the stage at the city’s Allphones Arena.
Cini’s father Chris met Carey on her 1998 Australian tour and subsequently named his daughter after her, and Carey repaid him by treating the little girl to a turn on stage and dedicating her song “Close My Eyes” to her.
Chris says, “Mariah Carey is truly a beautiful, genuine person. She’s protective of her fans and she’s not above herself at all. I knew when we were having a baby girl that she would be my Mariah Grace.”
Little Mariah adds, “I’m so excited because I finally get to meet my namesake. I’ve always liked her, from when I was born, basically… Dad always said if she came back (to Australia) we’d go to visit her and I couldn’t believe it. I know I’m one of the luckiest fans in Australia.”
Carey finished her three shows in Sydney on Friday night and wraps up the tour in Melbourne on Saturday (Jan. 5).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here