*Mariah Carey shared the spotlight with a six-year-old girl at one of her shows in Sydney, Australia this week after learning she was named in the singer’s honor.
The “American Idol” judge is currently touring Down Under and on Thursday night, Carey brought special guest Mariah Cini onto the stage at the city’s Allphones Arena.
Cini’s father Chris met Carey on her 1998 Australian tour and subsequently named his daughter after her, and Carey repaid him by treating the little girl to a turn on stage and dedicating her song “Close My Eyes” to her.
Chris says, “Mariah Carey is truly a beautiful, genuine person. She’s protective of her fans and she’s not above herself at all. I knew when we were having a baby girl that she would be my Mariah Grace.”
Little Mariah adds, “I’m so excited because I finally get to meet my namesake. I’ve always liked her, from when I was born, basically… Dad always said if she came back (to Australia) we’d go to visit her and I couldn’t believe it. I know I’m one of the luckiest fans in Australia.”
Carey finished her three shows in Sydney on Friday night and wraps up the tour in Melbourne on Saturday (Jan. 5).
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here