*The alleged “American Idol” feud between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj is suddenly a topic again thanks to a new interview with Carey ahead of next week’s 12th season premiere.
Both Carey and Minaj denied rumors of bad blood during the show’s early tapings. Then TMZ released a video of Nicki cursing out Mariah during an “Idol” audition in North Carolina.
Barbara Walters discussed the explosive clip on “The View,” saying that Carey had told her things got even more heated once the cameras were off. Specifically: Minaj supposedly said, “If I had a gun, I would shoot that f***ing bitch.” Mariah responded by reportedly hiring extra security. Nicki accused Walters of taking Mariah’s side “because I’m a little black girl that raps.”
In the Walters interview, Carey is asked about the whole drama. “It felt like an unsafe work environment,” she says. “Anytime anybody’s reeling threats at somebody, you know, that’s just — it’s not appropriate. I’ve got two babies; I’m not going to take any chances. Yeah, I did hire more security. I just felt it was the appropriate thing to do.”
And though Walters indicates at the end of the segment that Carey and Minaj have since made nice, the interview itself doesn’t offer much to support that statement. At one point, Walters brings up “Hell Yeah,” a Nicki Minaj single that includes lyrics seemingly aimed at Mariah (“I’ll take it, sign on the dotted line/But I’m quick to check a b**ch if she outta line.”)
Carey says that she doesn’t know if she’s the target of those lyrics, then adds dismissively, “I didn’t know she sang. I thought she rapped, or whatever.”
Watch the entire interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here