*The alleged “American Idol” feud between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj is suddenly a topic again thanks to a new interview with Carey ahead of next week’s 12th season premiere.
Both Carey and Minaj denied rumors of bad blood during the show’s early tapings. Then TMZ released a video of Nicki cursing out Mariah during an “Idol” audition in North Carolina.
Barbara Walters discussed the explosive clip on “The View,” saying that Carey had told her things got even more heated once the cameras were off. Specifically: Minaj supposedly said, “If I had a gun, I would shoot that f***ing bitch.” Mariah responded by reportedly hiring extra security. Nicki accused Walters of taking Mariah’s side “because I’m a little black girl that raps.”
In the Walters interview, Carey is asked about the whole drama. “It felt like an unsafe work environment,” she says. “Anytime anybody’s reeling threats at somebody, you know, that’s just — it’s not appropriate. I’ve got two babies; I’m not going to take any chances. Yeah, I did hire more security. I just felt it was the appropriate thing to do.”
And though Walters indicates at the end of the segment that Carey and Minaj have since made nice, the interview itself doesn’t offer much to support that statement. At one point, Walters brings up “Hell Yeah,” a Nicki Minaj single that includes lyrics seemingly aimed at Mariah (“I’ll take it, sign on the dotted line/But I’m quick to check a b**ch if she outta line.”)
Carey says that she doesn’t know if she’s the target of those lyrics, then adds dismissively, “I didn’t know she sang. I thought she rapped, or whatever.”
Watch the entire interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here