*The alleged “American Idol” feud between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj is suddenly a topic again thanks to a new interview with Carey ahead of next week’s 12th season premiere.
Both Carey and Minaj denied rumors of bad blood during the show’s early tapings. Then TMZ released a video of Nicki cursing out Mariah during an “Idol” audition in North Carolina.
Barbara Walters discussed the explosive clip on “The View,” saying that Carey had told her things got even more heated once the cameras were off. Specifically: Minaj supposedly said, “If I had a gun, I would shoot that f***ing bitch.” Mariah responded by reportedly hiring extra security. Nicki accused Walters of taking Mariah’s side “because I’m a little black girl that raps.”
In the Walters interview, Carey is asked about the whole drama. “It felt like an unsafe work environment,” she says. “Anytime anybody’s reeling threats at somebody, you know, that’s just — it’s not appropriate. I’ve got two babies; I’m not going to take any chances. Yeah, I did hire more security. I just felt it was the appropriate thing to do.”
And though Walters indicates at the end of the segment that Carey and Minaj have since made nice, the interview itself doesn’t offer much to support that statement. At one point, Walters brings up “Hell Yeah,” a Nicki Minaj single that includes lyrics seemingly aimed at Mariah (“I’ll take it, sign on the dotted line/But I’m quick to check a b**ch if she outta line.”)
Carey says that she doesn’t know if she’s the target of those lyrics, then adds dismissively, “I didn’t know she sang. I thought she rapped, or whatever.”
Watch the entire interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' with KMEL & Did He Call Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here