*No more Udonis or “UD” for Udonis Haslem.
Nope, from now on the Miami Heat forward wants his nickname to be … Django. And yes, the D is silent.
Obviously Haslem went to the movies and saw Jamie Foxx as Django in “Django Unchained” and was mightily impressed.
An ESPN beat writer, Michael Wallace, who covers the Heat and the NBA for ESPN.com put the story out via Twitter on January 2.
“From now on, Haslem says no longer wants to be called Udonis or ‘UD’. He said address him in 2013 as Django, FWIW.”
In other NBA/”Django” news. Well, sort of … in a recent interview with NPR’s “Fresh Air,” Quentin Tarantino says that his mother dated Wilt Chamberlain in the 1970s.
Ok, with that, we out! 🙂
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here