*No more Udonis or “UD” for Udonis Haslem.
Nope, from now on the Miami Heat forward wants his nickname to be … Django. And yes, the D is silent.
Obviously Haslem went to the movies and saw Jamie Foxx as Django in “Django Unchained” and was mightily impressed.
An ESPN beat writer, Michael Wallace, who covers the Heat and the NBA for ESPN.com put the story out via Twitter on January 2.
“From now on, Haslem says no longer wants to be called Udonis or ‘UD’. He said address him in 2013 as Django, FWIW.”
In other NBA/”Django” news. Well, sort of … in a recent interview with NPR’s “Fresh Air,” Quentin Tarantino says that his mother dated Wilt Chamberlain in the 1970s.
Ok, with that, we out!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here