*No more Udonis or “UD” for Udonis Haslem.
Nope, from now on the Miami Heat forward wants his nickname to be … Django. And yes, the D is silent.
Obviously Haslem went to the movies and saw Jamie Foxx as Django in “Django Unchained” and was mightily impressed.
An ESPN beat writer, Michael Wallace, who covers the Heat and the NBA for ESPN.com put the story out via Twitter on January 2.
“From now on, Haslem says no longer wants to be called Udonis or ‘UD’. He said address him in 2013 as Django, FWIW.”
In other NBA/”Django” news. Well, sort of … in a recent interview with NPR’s “Fresh Air,” Quentin Tarantino says that his mother dated Wilt Chamberlain in the 1970s.
Ok, with that, we out!
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here