*After weeks of reports that Destiny’s Child would reunite during Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday, group member Michelle Williams is suddenly trying to throw people off – suggesting the reports were merely unconfirmed rumors and simply “not true.”
“I’m going to be in the musical Fela!,” she told WRUG Media. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
As previously reported, Williams is headlining a world tour of the Tony Award-winning show, which kicks off Tuesday in Washington, D.C. According to the show’s website, there are two performances of Fela! at Sidney Harman Hall, at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, but Williams will not be appearing in the show that day.
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Williams said of the reunion rumors. “But we did record a song with each other before the holidays.”
“Destiny’s Child – Love Songs,” a greatest hits compilation of the group’s most romantic recordings set for release Tuesday, will feature a new song, “Nuclear,” their first in eight years.
But Williams did hint that a reunion outside the recording studio may still happen.
“We have talked about it,” she said. “You know, one day soon.”
[Soon, likely meaning Feb. 3.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here