*After weeks of reports that Destiny’s Child would reunite during Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday, group member Michelle Williams is suddenly trying to throw people off – suggesting the reports were merely unconfirmed rumors and simply “not true.”
“I’m going to be in the musical Fela!,” she told WRUG Media. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
As previously reported, Williams is headlining a world tour of the Tony Award-winning show, which kicks off Tuesday in Washington, D.C. According to the show’s website, there are two performances of Fela! at Sidney Harman Hall, at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, but Williams will not be appearing in the show that day.
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Williams said of the reunion rumors. “But we did record a song with each other before the holidays.”
“Destiny’s Child – Love Songs,” a greatest hits compilation of the group’s most romantic recordings set for release Tuesday, will feature a new song, “Nuclear,” their first in eight years.
But Williams did hint that a reunion outside the recording studio may still happen.
“We have talked about it,” she said. “You know, one day soon.”
[Soon, likely meaning Feb. 3.]
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here