*After weeks of reports that Destiny’s Child would reunite during Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday, group member Michelle Williams is suddenly trying to throw people off – suggesting the reports were merely unconfirmed rumors and simply “not true.”
“I’m going to be in the musical Fela!,” she told WRUG Media. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
As previously reported, Williams is headlining a world tour of the Tony Award-winning show, which kicks off Tuesday in Washington, D.C. According to the show’s website, there are two performances of Fela! at Sidney Harman Hall, at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, but Williams will not be appearing in the show that day.
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Williams said of the reunion rumors. “But we did record a song with each other before the holidays.”
“Destiny’s Child – Love Songs,” a greatest hits compilation of the group’s most romantic recordings set for release Tuesday, will feature a new song, “Nuclear,” their first in eight years.
But Williams did hint that a reunion outside the recording studio may still happen.
“We have talked about it,” she said. “You know, one day soon.”
[Soon, likely meaning Feb. 3.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here