*After weeks of reports that Destiny’s Child would reunite during Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday, group member Michelle Williams is suddenly trying to throw people off – suggesting the reports were merely unconfirmed rumors and simply “not true.”
“I’m going to be in the musical Fela!,” she told WRUG Media. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
As previously reported, Williams is headlining a world tour of the Tony Award-winning show, which kicks off Tuesday in Washington, D.C. According to the show’s website, there are two performances of Fela! at Sidney Harman Hall, at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, but Williams will not be appearing in the show that day.
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Williams said of the reunion rumors. “But we did record a song with each other before the holidays.”
“Destiny’s Child – Love Songs,” a greatest hits compilation of the group’s most romantic recordings set for release Tuesday, will feature a new song, “Nuclear,” their first in eight years.
But Williams did hint that a reunion outside the recording studio may still happen.
“We have talked about it,” she said. “You know, one day soon.”
[Soon, likely meaning Feb. 3.]
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here