*After weeks of reports that Destiny’s Child would reunite during Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday, group member Michelle Williams is suddenly trying to throw people off – suggesting the reports were merely unconfirmed rumors and simply “not true.”
“I’m going to be in the musical Fela!,” she told WRUG Media. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
As previously reported, Williams is headlining a world tour of the Tony Award-winning show, which kicks off Tuesday in Washington, D.C. According to the show’s website, there are two performances of Fela! at Sidney Harman Hall, at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, but Williams will not be appearing in the show that day.
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Williams said of the reunion rumors. “But we did record a song with each other before the holidays.”
“Destiny’s Child – Love Songs,” a greatest hits compilation of the group’s most romantic recordings set for release Tuesday, will feature a new song, “Nuclear,” their first in eight years.
But Williams did hint that a reunion outside the recording studio may still happen.
“We have talked about it,” she said. “You know, one day soon.”
[Soon, likely meaning Feb. 3.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here