“Let your word be heard tonight through whatever means necessary,” the Foster said in a prayer to the church full of worshipers.
And the crowd chose to clap their hands and sing in a service packed with gospel music during Monday’s evening’s Martin Luther King Jr. Gospel Musical celebration.
“Lord, we thank you, God, that you have brought us through,” Foster said. “Let your holy spirit come in tonight. Let us glorify your name even in our praise.”
The event was the ending note to a four-day weekend of events marking the 42nd annual citywide celebration of the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. The event was organized by the Martin Luther King Commemorative Council of Lubbock.
A combined Martin Luther King Mass Choir of singers from area churches, as well as a handful of Lubbock praise troupes and singers led the crowd through such songs as “Up Where We Belong” and “The Blood Still Works.”
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here