The network reported a huge increase of ratings, but most importantly more black viewers. In 20012, the news channel saw a 60.5 percent increase in black audiences.
CNN also saw a significant 23.7 percent increase, while Fox News lost the same amount.
MSNBC has added quite a number of black anchors, commentators, and hosts including Toure, Melissa Harris-Perry, and Rev. Al Sharpton to the programming; an apparent great marketing choice to win over black consumers.
MSNBC president Phil Griffith said, ”We have a diverse on-air group of people, because that matters, and people want to know that we reflect their world. And it’s not just a single show – it’s across the board. You look at the guests every hour and we make sure that we have women, African Americans, everything, and I think to spend a day watching MSNBC is to see America as we have seen it.”
Get more of this story at Shadow and Act.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here