The network reported a huge increase of ratings, but most importantly more black viewers. In 20012, the news channel saw a 60.5 percent increase in black audiences.
CNN also saw a significant 23.7 percent increase, while Fox News lost the same amount.
MSNBC has added quite a number of black anchors, commentators, and hosts including Toure, Melissa Harris-Perry, and Rev. Al Sharpton to the programming; an apparent great marketing choice to win over black consumers.
MSNBC president Phil Griffith said, ”We have a diverse on-air group of people, because that matters, and people want to know that we reflect their world. And it’s not just a single show – it’s across the board. You look at the guests every hour and we make sure that we have women, African Americans, everything, and I think to spend a day watching MSNBC is to see America as we have seen it.”
Get more of this story at Shadow and Act.
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here