The network reported a huge increase of ratings, but most importantly more black viewers. In 20012, the news channel saw a 60.5 percent increase in black audiences.
CNN also saw a significant 23.7 percent increase, while Fox News lost the same amount.
MSNBC has added quite a number of black anchors, commentators, and hosts including Toure, Melissa Harris-Perry, and Rev. Al Sharpton to the programming; an apparent great marketing choice to win over black consumers.
MSNBC president Phil Griffith said, ”We have a diverse on-air group of people, because that matters, and people want to know that we reflect their world. And it’s not just a single show – it’s across the board. You look at the guests every hour and we make sure that we have women, African Americans, everything, and I think to spend a day watching MSNBC is to see America as we have seen it.”
Get more of this story at Shadow and Act.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here