The network reported a huge increase of ratings, but most importantly more black viewers. In 20012, the news channel saw a 60.5 percent increase in black audiences.
CNN also saw a significant 23.7 percent increase, while Fox News lost the same amount.
MSNBC has added quite a number of black anchors, commentators, and hosts including Toure, Melissa Harris-Perry, and Rev. Al Sharpton to the programming; an apparent great marketing choice to win over black consumers.
MSNBC president Phil Griffith said, ”We have a diverse on-air group of people, because that matters, and people want to know that we reflect their world. And it’s not just a single show – it’s across the board. You look at the guests every hour and we make sure that we have women, African Americans, everything, and I think to spend a day watching MSNBC is to see America as we have seen it.”
Get more of this story at Shadow and Act.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bessie Smith's Estate 'Thrilled' Over Four Emmy Wins for 'Bessie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here