*Uh oh. It looks like the bloom is off the rose; the honeymoon is over.
In other words, the love affair between the Obama administration and the NAACP is done, if you read between the lines of Ben Jealous‘ statement on “Meet the Press.”
(Somewhere Tavis and Cornel are cheesin’ ear to ear and saying, “Uh huh, I told you so.”)
The proof is in the numbers, as they say. The Labor Department reports that the black unemployment rate was at 12.7 percent when Pres. Obama initially took office. As the employment rate for the nation dropped below 8 percent, black unemployment increased to 12.9 percent and then to 14 percent for December.
In a recent interview on MSNBC’s “Meet the Press,” NAACP CEO and president, Ben Jealous, told the show’s host that black Americans “are doing far worse” than when President Obama first took office. “The country’s back to pretty much where it was when this president started,” Jealous told show host David Gregory. “White people in this country are doing a bit better. Black people are doing far worse.”
The most staggering statistic is reported in September 2011, when black unemployment reached 16.7 percent — making it the highest unemployment rate for African-Americans since 1983. The black teens jobless rate was even more staggering at 39.3 percent in July 2012. The NAACP, the National Urban League, and the National Action Network met alongside other organizations for the second time on Friday to discuss a “black agenda” for the president, Politic365 reports. The coalition stated it will urge Pres. Obama to mention an urban jobs plan in his State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.
Read/learn more at Your Black World.
- Russell Westbrook Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here