*Naomi Campbell says she wishes a show like her new Oxygen series “The Face” existed when she was slaying runways 20 years ago.
“Coming from the ’90s, we basically just had to learn as we went along,” she told reporters at the TCA press tour in Pasadena this week. “Of course, I would ask Iman or other models who were around me to show me how to do things. But I think things have changed, and now I think a show like this is absolutely needed.”
“The Face,” yet another modeling competition series, features Campbell as an executive producer and one of three supermodel coaches for 24 contestants competing to become “the face” of cosmetics retailer ULTA Beauty. The hopefuls are divided into three teams, each led by a supermodel coach. (Karolina Kurkova and Coco Rocha are the other two.)
Viewers will watch the ladies participate in real life assignments, including photo shoots and commercials, as they work toward the grand prize.
Host Nigel Barker, who snatched this gig after being fired from rival show “America’s Next Top Model,” claims “The Face” is “different from any other show that’s ever been out there in this genre.”
“This is the real world of modeling with three of the biggest names in the business, and you really get an inside look at exactly how they operate and why they are supermodels, and it’s a unique take that you’ve just never seen before,” he said.
Of course, viewers will be the judge of that. The premise doesn’t seem to stray far from “Top Model.” So after the panel, we asked Campbell point blank how this show is any different from Tyra Banks’ operation on the CW.
Listen to her answer below.
“The Face: The Fight To Make the Final 12” airs Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 9pm ET/PT and the series premiere a week later on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 9pm ET/PT. Watch the promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here