*Naomi Campbell says she wishes a show like her new Oxygen series “The Face” existed when she was slaying runways 20 years ago.
“Coming from the ’90s, we basically just had to learn as we went along,” she told reporters at the TCA press tour in Pasadena this week. “Of course, I would ask Iman or other models who were around me to show me how to do things. But I think things have changed, and now I think a show like this is absolutely needed.”
“The Face,” yet another modeling competition series, features Campbell as an executive producer and one of three supermodel coaches for 24 contestants competing to become “the face” of cosmetics retailer ULTA Beauty. The hopefuls are divided into three teams, each led by a supermodel coach. (Karolina Kurkova and Coco Rocha are the other two.)
Viewers will watch the ladies participate in real life assignments, including photo shoots and commercials, as they work toward the grand prize.
Host Nigel Barker, who snatched this gig after being fired from rival show “America’s Next Top Model,” claims “The Face” is “different from any other show that’s ever been out there in this genre.”
“This is the real world of modeling with three of the biggest names in the business, and you really get an inside look at exactly how they operate and why they are supermodels, and it’s a unique take that you’ve just never seen before,” he said.
Of course, viewers will be the judge of that. The premise doesn’t seem to stray far from “Top Model.” So after the panel, we asked Campbell point blank how this show is any different from Tyra Banks’ operation on the CW.
Listen to her answer below.
“The Face: The Fight To Make the Final 12″ airs Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 9pm ET/PT and the series premiere a week later on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 9pm ET/PT. Watch the promo below.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here