*Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph the Doorman on the long-running CBS comedy “The Jeffersons” has died.
The 89-year-old actor died at a Los Angeles-area nursing home on Jan. 2, following a November fall at his Burbank home, his manager Brad Lemack tells The Associated Press.
The Buffalo, New York native appeared in dozens of TV shows from the 1960s through the 1980s, including “Gunsmoke,” “I Dream Of Jeannie,” “Mork & Mindy,” “Mayberry R.F.D.,” and “Mary Tyler Moore,” but it was his role as Ralph Hart, the uniformed doorman – always with his hand out for a tip – at the luxury apartment building on The Jeffersons that he is best remembered. He appeared in all 11 seasons of the “All In The Family” spinoff that aired from 1975 to 1985.
Watch a scene from “The Jeffersons” with Ned Mortimer below:
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here