*Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph the Doorman on the long-running CBS comedy “The Jeffersons” has died.
The 89-year-old actor died at a Los Angeles-area nursing home on Jan. 2, following a November fall at his Burbank home, his manager Brad Lemack tells The Associated Press.
The Buffalo, New York native appeared in dozens of TV shows from the 1960s through the 1980s, including “Gunsmoke,” “I Dream Of Jeannie,” “Mork & Mindy,” “Mayberry R.F.D.,” and “Mary Tyler Moore,” but it was his role as Ralph Hart, the uniformed doorman – always with his hand out for a tip – at the luxury apartment building on The Jeffersons that he is best remembered. He appeared in all 11 seasons of the “All In The Family” spinoff that aired from 1975 to 1985.
Watch a scene from “The Jeffersons” with Ned Mortimer below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here