*Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph the Doorman on the long-running CBS comedy “The Jeffersons” has died.
The 89-year-old actor died at a Los Angeles-area nursing home on Jan. 2, following a November fall at his Burbank home, his manager Brad Lemack tells The Associated Press.
The Buffalo, New York native appeared in dozens of TV shows from the 1960s through the 1980s, including “Gunsmoke,” “I Dream Of Jeannie,” “Mork & Mindy,” “Mayberry R.F.D.,” and “Mary Tyler Moore,” but it was his role as Ralph Hart, the uniformed doorman – always with his hand out for a tip – at the luxury apartment building on The Jeffersons that he is best remembered. He appeared in all 11 seasons of the “All In The Family” spinoff that aired from 1975 to 1985.
Watch a scene from “The Jeffersons” with Ned Mortimer below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here