*Looking to keep up to the minute with President Obama’s second inauguration?
There’s an app for that.
The Presidential Inauguration Committee [PIC] plans to announce later today it has created an iPhone and Android app that allows users to follow next week’s events as Obama is sworn in for a second term.
The app will provide livestream video of inaugural events, including the Jan. 21 public swearing-in ceremony. There are also schedules for nationwide events associated with the inauguration, including the National Day of Service on Saturday.
“This inauguration is a celebration of the American people,” said Steve Kerrigan, president and CEO of the PIC. “That’s why we’ve designed our app to make sure folks across this country don’t miss a moment of history. Whether you’re in Washington, D.C., or any other part of the nation, there are plenty of ways to be involved in the inauguration through this app.”
The app also features schedules of official inaugural events in Washington, and blogs with news items. It syncs with Facebook, Twitter, e-mail and text.
In addition, the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies – which handles the swearing-in ceremonies at the Capitol — has developed its own mobile website app for smartphones. The committee said it will “provide ticket and travel information to make the day run smoothly.”
“The mobile Web app includes GPS technology that will direct ticket holders to the appropriate gate based on the color of the ticket they hold,” said the committee.
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., who chairs the congressional inaugural committee, said the mobile app “will help anyone on Inauguration Day figure out the best route from the Metro stations right to their ticketed area.”
There will be two swearing-ins next week.
Obama’s second term officially begins at noon Sunday, and there will be a low-key ceremony at the White House.
Because Jan. 20 falls on a Sunday – a day when federal offices are closed – the bigger events will be held on Monday: The inauguration ceremony on the west side of the U.S. Capitol building, the parade down Pennsylvania Avenue, and a pair of Inaugural Balls at the Washington convention center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here