That would be ex-Oakland Raiders quarterback Jamarcus Russell, who stands a pretty good chance of going down in history as the biggest bust in the history of the league.
But Russell, whose middle name might as well be “lazy,” claims he wants to make sure that doesn’t happen. Yes, he wants another chance
Yahoo! Sports reported Tuesday night that the 2007 No. 1 overall pick, one of the biggest draft bust in NFL history, is down from the 320 pounds he weighed last fall and is working out hard — all in hopes that he could land an NFL gig.
“My first year out, I couldn’t watch football, but after a while I couldn’t keep the TV off. I got that itchy feeling, but now I gotta watch it, gotta watch,” Russell said. “The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job, and it is how I feed my family. People would say I didn’t love the game, but that pisses me off. People don’t know the real you, but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do.
“People are always saying that I’m a bust. I want show them I’m not. I’m committed to this now.”
Apparently, Russell means it this time. A robust team of trainers and advisers that includes Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia and former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton will work as part of a team set on getting Russell a second chance at the NFL.
Russell has one thing — and only one thing — going for him: his age. He’s just 27.
His three years in the NFL come with severely underwhelming stats, and a lot of pictures of Russell on the bench.
OK, we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. That’s only because he’s assembled a robust team of trainers and advisers that includes Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia and former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton. They will work as part of a team set on getting Russell a second chance at the NFL.
There’s more of this story at USA Today.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here