*“American Idol” producers were hit right off the bat with questions about the authenticity of an alleged feud between judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey during a TCA panel Tuesday in Pasadena.
The two divas join returning judge Randy Jackson and newcomer Keith Urban for the show’s 12th season, which begins next Wednesday amid reports that Nicki and Mariah have not gotten along — and of course rumors that the beef isn’t even real, but rather something concocted by FOX for ratings.
“It’s authentic,” claims FOX’s President of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell of the feud. “There is passion on this crew, and they disagree about a lot of the talent and about the way to approach the talent, and, what the talent should be doing.”
“It isn’t just between Nicki and Mariah,” added executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. “Keith and Randy have their say as well.”
“They fight constantly,” said Carey. “I find it offensive.”
But alas, the Randy/Keith fights don’t make headlines. It’s the relationship between the two ladies that appears to generate the most interest. The two entertainers joined their fellow judges as well as host Ryan Seacrest for Monday’s TCA appearance. Below, Carey and Minaj were each asked to say one thing nice about the other.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here