*“American Idol” producers were hit right off the bat with questions about the authenticity of an alleged feud between judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey during a TCA panel Tuesday in Pasadena.
The two divas join returning judge Randy Jackson and newcomer Keith Urban for the show’s 12th season, which begins next Wednesday amid reports that Nicki and Mariah have not gotten along — and of course rumors that the beef isn’t even real, but rather something concocted by FOX for ratings.
“It’s authentic,” claims FOX’s President of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell of the feud. “There is passion on this crew, and they disagree about a lot of the talent and about the way to approach the talent, and, what the talent should be doing.”
“It isn’t just between Nicki and Mariah,” added executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. “Keith and Randy have their say as well.”
“They fight constantly,” said Carey. “I find it offensive.”
But alas, the Randy/Keith fights don’t make headlines. It’s the relationship between the two ladies that appears to generate the most interest. The two entertainers joined their fellow judges as well as host Ryan Seacrest for Monday’s TCA appearance. Below, Carey and Minaj were each asked to say one thing nice about the other.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here