*“American Idol” producers were hit right off the bat with questions about the authenticity of an alleged feud between judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey during a TCA panel Tuesday in Pasadena.
The two divas join returning judge Randy Jackson and newcomer Keith Urban for the show’s 12th season, which begins next Wednesday amid reports that Nicki and Mariah have not gotten along — and of course rumors that the beef isn’t even real, but rather something concocted by FOX for ratings.
“It’s authentic,” claims FOX’s President of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell of the feud. “There is passion on this crew, and they disagree about a lot of the talent and about the way to approach the talent, and, what the talent should be doing.”
“It isn’t just between Nicki and Mariah,” added executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. “Keith and Randy have their say as well.”
“They fight constantly,” said Carey. “I find it offensive.”
But alas, the Randy/Keith fights don’t make headlines. It’s the relationship between the two ladies that appears to generate the most interest. The two entertainers joined their fellow judges as well as host Ryan Seacrest for Monday’s TCA appearance. Below, Carey and Minaj were each asked to say one thing nice about the other.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here