*The church has been in the news too many times over the last nearly 20 years for stories pertaining to pedophilia and sexual deviancy between religious leaders and the members of their church. But, the newest case is more personal.
Earlier this week, Bishop Larry Trotter, who is the senior pastor of mega-church Sweet Holy Spirit Church in Chicago, Illinois, was seen in a photo taking a bubble bath with his granddaughter.
The photo was on his Instagram account and both Bishop Trotter and his granddaughter show huge teethy smiles for the camera. The incident has been viewed as hugely inappropriate and has placed a shadow of deviance over the Bishop.
Thursday morning, the Bishop had a phone interview with Pastor John Hannah on the John Hannah Morning Show on iHeart Radio – Inspiration 1390 where he revealed that the backlash from the photo has been “hurtful” for him. He described it as a “dark” time for himself and his family since the photo was released.
The Bishop explained in his interview with Pastor Hannah that the photo was totally innocent, but “has become nasty and ugly”:
(Click HERE to read/hear what Bishop Trotter’s response to the outrage is)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here