*The church has been in the news too many times over the last nearly 20 years for stories pertaining to pedophilia and sexual deviancy between religious leaders and the members of their church. But, the newest case is more personal.
Earlier this week, Bishop Larry Trotter, who is the senior pastor of mega-church Sweet Holy Spirit Church in Chicago, Illinois, was seen in a photo taking a bubble bath with his granddaughter.
The photo was on his Instagram account and both Bishop Trotter and his granddaughter show huge teethy smiles for the camera. The incident has been viewed as hugely inappropriate and has placed a shadow of deviance over the Bishop.
Thursday morning, the Bishop had a phone interview with Pastor John Hannah on the John Hannah Morning Show on iHeart Radio – Inspiration 1390 where he revealed that the backlash from the photo has been “hurtful” for him. He described it as a “dark” time for himself and his family since the photo was released.
The Bishop explained in his interview with Pastor Hannah that the photo was totally innocent, but “has become nasty and ugly”:
(Click HERE to read/hear what Bishop Trotter’s response to the outrage is)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here