*The public school system is under duress in the U.S.
It appears that most major cities are watching the landscape of their public schools be decimated by lack of state funding, low attendance, and under-performing students.
Philadelphia’s public school system is the latest urban center to find there schools under attack. The city is set to close 37 schools, according to the New York Times.
The students are not performing well on standardized tests or showing up for school. The buildings are dilapidated and they have problems with the infrastructure that affect lighting and plumbing.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here