*The public school system is under duress in the U.S.
It appears that most major cities are watching the landscape of their public schools be decimated by lack of state funding, low attendance, and under-performing students.
Philadelphia’s public school system is the latest urban center to find there schools under attack. The city is set to close 37 schools, according to the New York Times.
The students are not performing well on standardized tests or showing up for school. The buildings are dilapidated and they have problems with the infrastructure that affect lighting and plumbing.
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here