Rashad of course is most known as TV’s most treasured mom, Claire Huxtable, on the Cosby Show. She has since been seen on Broadway, winning a Tony for her role in “A Raisin In The Sun,” seen on Lifetime in the new adaptation of “Steel Magnolias” and on the big screen in films like “Just Wright” and Tyler Perry’s screen adaptation of “For Colored Girls.” Now she is on a new NBC primetime series called “Do No Harm.” It debuts tomorrow, Thursday, January 31 at 10pm.
The show is about a brilliant neurosurgeon who has to battle his own alter-ego so that he can live a normal life. Rashad plays the no-nonsense Chief of the hospital who tries to keep the main character in line.
Her poise, grace and sophistication are un-matched and no one on television has come close to being as influential as Phylicia Rashad. In addition to talking about the show, we asked her if she’s ever felt bad about herself and if so, how did she overcome her insecurities?
“Loving oneself, isn’t hard, when you understand who and what yourself is,” Rashad responded. “It has nothing to do with, the shape of your face, the size of your eyes, the length of your hair or the quality of your clothes. It’s so beyond all of those things and it’s what gives life to everything about you. Your own self is such a treasure. You have to sit kind of quietly and ask, Who am I? Who am I really?”
Watch the trailer for “Do No Harm” which premieres tomorrow, Thursday at 10pm E/P on NBC:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here