Rashad of course is most known as TV’s most treasured mom, Claire Huxtable, on the Cosby Show. She has since been seen on Broadway, winning a Tony for her role in “A Raisin In The Sun,” seen on Lifetime in the new adaptation of “Steel Magnolias” and on the big screen in films like “Just Wright” and Tyler Perry’s screen adaptation of “For Colored Girls.” Now she is on a new NBC primetime series called “Do No Harm.” It debuts tomorrow, Thursday, January 31 at 10pm.
The show is about a brilliant neurosurgeon who has to battle his own alter-ego so that he can live a normal life. Rashad plays the no-nonsense Chief of the hospital who tries to keep the main character in line.
Her poise, grace and sophistication are un-matched and no one on television has come close to being as influential as Phylicia Rashad. In addition to talking about the show, we asked her if she’s ever felt bad about herself and if so, how did she overcome her insecurities?
“Loving oneself, isn’t hard, when you understand who and what yourself is,” Rashad responded. “It has nothing to do with, the shape of your face, the size of your eyes, the length of your hair or the quality of your clothes. It’s so beyond all of those things and it’s what gives life to everything about you. Your own self is such a treasure. You have to sit kind of quietly and ask, Who am I? Who am I really?”
Watch the trailer for “Do No Harm” which premieres tomorrow, Thursday at 10pm E/P on NBC:
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here