Rashad of course is most known as TV’s most treasured mom, Claire Huxtable, on the Cosby Show. She has since been seen on Broadway, winning a Tony for her role in “A Raisin In The Sun,” seen on Lifetime in the new adaptation of “Steel Magnolias” and on the big screen in films like “Just Wright” and Tyler Perry’s screen adaptation of “For Colored Girls.” Now she is on a new NBC primetime series called “Do No Harm.” It debuts tomorrow, Thursday, January 31 at 10pm.
The show is about a brilliant neurosurgeon who has to battle his own alter-ego so that he can live a normal life. Rashad plays the no-nonsense Chief of the hospital who tries to keep the main character in line.
Her poise, grace and sophistication are un-matched and no one on television has come close to being as influential as Phylicia Rashad. In addition to talking about the show, we asked her if she’s ever felt bad about herself and if so, how did she overcome her insecurities?
“Loving oneself, isn’t hard, when you understand who and what yourself is,” Rashad responded. “It has nothing to do with, the shape of your face, the size of your eyes, the length of your hair or the quality of your clothes. It’s so beyond all of those things and it’s what gives life to everything about you. Your own self is such a treasure. You have to sit kind of quietly and ask, Who am I? Who am I really?”
Watch the trailer for “Do No Harm” which premieres tomorrow, Thursday at 10pm E/P on NBC:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here