*NBC is banking on split personalities to hook viewers for its new offering “Do No Harm,” a procedural drama that also marks the return of “Cosby Show” mom Phylicia Rashad to the network.
Premiering Jan. 31, the series stars Steven Pasquale as respected neurosurgeon Jason Cole. He enjoys a lucrative career as a compassionate, confident physician, but must content with a dangerous, destructive inner Mr. Hyde that reveals itself at the same hour every night. This Sasha Fierce alter-ego, he has named Ian Price.
Ian, upset that he’s being oppressed by Jason, makes a point to get his revenge by wreaking havoc on everyone Jason cares about – putting the good doctor’s patients, friends, coworkers and even the woman Jason loves at risk.
Enter Rashad as Dr. Vanessa Young, head of the neurosurgery department and one of the many innocents in Ian’s path.
“What’s interesting to me is to be on the receiving or observation end of this [split personality] phenomenon,” Rashad said of her character at the TCA Winter press tour in Pasadena, “the one who really doesn’t know exactly what the problem is, who turns a blind eye to activities as much as she can, but then there’s certain things that cannot be overlooked and have to be dealt with. And it’s very interesting to be on the other end of that, to see how we missed things that are right in front of our faces if only we knew.”
After the panel, Rashad told EURweb about coming back to NBC and compared her current gig to her iconic role of Claire Huxtable.
“Do No Harm” premieres Jan. 31 at 10 p.m. on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here