*NBC is banking on split personalities to hook viewers for its new offering “Do No Harm,” a procedural drama that also marks the return of “Cosby Show” mom Phylicia Rashad to the network.
Premiering Jan. 31, the series stars Steven Pasquale as respected neurosurgeon Jason Cole. He enjoys a lucrative career as a compassionate, confident physician, but must content with a dangerous, destructive inner Mr. Hyde that reveals itself at the same hour every night. This Sasha Fierce alter-ego, he has named Ian Price.
Ian, upset that he’s being oppressed by Jason, makes a point to get his revenge by wreaking havoc on everyone Jason cares about – putting the good doctor’s patients, friends, coworkers and even the woman Jason loves at risk.
Enter Rashad as Dr. Vanessa Young, head of the neurosurgery department and one of the many innocents in Ian’s path.
“What’s interesting to me is to be on the receiving or observation end of this [split personality] phenomenon,” Rashad said of her character at the TCA Winter press tour in Pasadena, “the one who really doesn’t know exactly what the problem is, who turns a blind eye to activities as much as she can, but then there’s certain things that cannot be overlooked and have to be dealt with. And it’s very interesting to be on the other end of that, to see how we missed things that are right in front of our faces if only we knew.”
After the panel, Rashad told EURweb about coming back to NBC and compared her current gig to her iconic role of Claire Huxtable.
“Do No Harm” premieres Jan. 31 at 10 p.m. on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here