*As we reported earlier, Princeton scholar Professor Cornel West was “upset” with the idea of President Barack Obama using MLK Jr.‘s Bible for his swearing in ceremony on Monday, ironically, the King holiday.
Besides King’s family being OK with it, President Obama says it was a privilege to take the oath of office using a Bible that had been owned by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
The president also paid respocet to the slain civil rights leader when he paused by a statue of King in the Capitol Rotunda after a luncheon hosted by members of Congress. He was accompanied by his wife, Michelle, and Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, reports the AP.
“You know this is the first time I have seen this,” he said.
“I had the great privilege that the Bible we used was his Bible and they asked for it to be inscribed,” Obama said.
As we reported earlier, King’s Bible was one of two he used for the ceremonial inauguration.
The other Bible belonged to President Abraham Lincoln.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here