That’s pretty much the sentiment of the Maloofs, the family that owns the Sacramento Kings.
It’s just about a certainty that the team is moving to Seattle, unless a 13th hour deal can appear and get the approval of the NBA.
The Emerald City is on the verge of going green again.
Nearly five years after the Seattle SuperSonics became the Oklahoma City Thunder and the jewel of a city in the Northwest lost the NBA franchise that had been there since 1967, it appears the Sacramento Kings will be recycled there.
Yet after a deal was finalized over the weekend between the Maloof family that owns the Kings and the Seattle group led by hedge fund manager Chris Hansen, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and the Nordstrom family, the next question is whether anything can stand in the way of the Sonics’ return.
A quick look at the process from here.
• Three people with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the Hansen-Ballmer group agreed to buy 65 percent of the team based on a league-record valuation of $525 million, meaning their price paid is approximately $341 million. While the Seattle group is expected to file for relocation by the NBA’s March 1 deadline so that the Sonics would return for the 2013-14 campaign, the deal must still be considered by the NBA’s relocation committee and approved by the NBA’s Board of Governors.
Get the rest of the story at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here