That’s pretty much the sentiment of the Maloofs, the family that owns the Sacramento Kings.
It’s just about a certainty that the team is moving to Seattle, unless a 13th hour deal can appear and get the approval of the NBA.
The Emerald City is on the verge of going green again.
Nearly five years after the Seattle SuperSonics became the Oklahoma City Thunder and the jewel of a city in the Northwest lost the NBA franchise that had been there since 1967, it appears the Sacramento Kings will be recycled there.
Yet after a deal was finalized over the weekend between the Maloof family that owns the Kings and the Seattle group led by hedge fund manager Chris Hansen, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and the Nordstrom family, the next question is whether anything can stand in the way of the Sonics’ return.
A quick look at the process from here.
• Three people with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the Hansen-Ballmer group agreed to buy 65 percent of the team based on a league-record valuation of $525 million, meaning their price paid is approximately $341 million. While the Seattle group is expected to file for relocation by the NBA’s March 1 deadline so that the Sonics would return for the 2013-14 campaign, the deal must still be considered by the NBA’s relocation committee and approved by the NBA’s Board of Governors.
Get the rest of the story at USA Today.
- Amiri Baraka’s 'Dutchman' Opens July 15 Limited Engagement @ Edgemar Center for Arts
- 50 Cent Celebrates 40th; Diddy Offers Him Lifetime of Ciroc
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here