*Prince will be honored with a March 7th benefit concert to be held at Carnegie Hall and double as a fundraiser for music education programs, reports the New York Times.
Scheduled acts for the show include Talib Kweli, the Blind Boys of Alabama and the Roots.
The event will mark the ninth year that City Winery founder Michael Dorf has held a show to raise money for educational programs. Groups that have previously benefited from the concerts include organizations like the Church Street School of Music, Music Unites and Young Audiences New York. This year’s show will assist Little Kids Rock, the Center for Arts Education and several other groups.
The Rolling Stones, Elton John and Bob Dylan are among the artists who have been honored in the past. In a statement, Dorf said he believes Prince is a necessary addition to that list.
“Prince is one of the most prolific songwriters in my collection, and he makes my Top 10 when I think about the artists who have truly shaped modern music,” he said.
Prince released a new music video in November for his song “Rock and Roll Love Affair” (see below). The track is to be included on his upcoming but still untitled album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here