*Prince will be honored with a March 7th benefit concert to be held at Carnegie Hall and double as a fundraiser for music education programs, reports the New York Times.
Scheduled acts for the show include Talib Kweli, the Blind Boys of Alabama and the Roots.
The event will mark the ninth year that City Winery founder Michael Dorf has held a show to raise money for educational programs. Groups that have previously benefited from the concerts include organizations like the Church Street School of Music, Music Unites and Young Audiences New York. This year’s show will assist Little Kids Rock, the Center for Arts Education and several other groups.
The Rolling Stones, Elton John and Bob Dylan are among the artists who have been honored in the past. In a statement, Dorf said he believes Prince is a necessary addition to that list.
“Prince is one of the most prolific songwriters in my collection, and he makes my Top 10 when I think about the artists who have truly shaped modern music,” he said.
Prince released a new music video in November for his song “Rock and Roll Love Affair” (see below). The track is to be included on his upcoming but still untitled album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here