*We see plenty of beauty trends come and go. Some of the trends are gone in a season.
The latest “beauty” trend out of West Africa may never catch on in America though…for more reasons than you might think.
The Senegalese women have long had a tradition of tattooing their gums black. The idea is that the darker the gums, the brighter the teeth, thus a much more attractive smile.
According to the village woman that performs the procedure for the girls in the community, red gums are unacceptable because …
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here