*San Francisco 49ers player Randy Moss had no time for modesty today when asked about his place in football history, declaring himself the greatest receiver to play the game, reports ESPN.
“Now that I’m older, I do think I’m the greatest receiver to ever do it,” Moss said at Super Bowl media day in New Orleans.
Moss acknowledged that this season with the 49ers “has been a down year for me statistically” as was his 2010 season before he retired for a year and his last season with the Oakland Raiders (2006) before his trade to the New England Patriots. He said, however, that he doesn’t think statistics should determine greatness.
“I don’t really live on numbers, I really live on impact and what you’re able to do out on the field,” he said Tuesday. “I really think I’m the greatest receiver to ever play this game.”
Moss, 35, will be a free agent after this season. ProFootballTalk.com, citing a source familiar with the receiver’s thinking, reported Monday that he plans to play at least one more season.
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here