*Ray Lewis has been receiving a lot of attention lately, being the fierce football player he is; his animated personality; and bringing his team so close to the Super Bowl.
But a family hasn’t forgotten the pain he’s caused them 13 years ago.
The Baltimore Ravens linebacker pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice after being charged with two counts of murder.
On the morning of Jan. 21, 2000, Brent Schrotenboer of Akron, Ohio was stabbed to death outside of an Atlanta nightclub, along with his friend Jacinth Baker. Their murders remain unsolved.
According to USA Today, Lewis was the only suspect to plead guilty in relation to the case and was originally charged with two counts of murder. However, he struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for a testimony against two of his cohorts that evening.
But he never directly linked Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting to the murders and therefore was acquitted.
Though the event took place over a decade ago, the Schrotenboer family still grieves and wants justice served.
Read more at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here