*Ray Lewis has been receiving a lot of attention lately, being the fierce football player he is; his animated personality; and bringing his team so close to the Super Bowl.
But a family hasn’t forgotten the pain he’s caused them 13 years ago.
The Baltimore Ravens linebacker pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice after being charged with two counts of murder.
On the morning of Jan. 21, 2000, Brent Schrotenboer of Akron, Ohio was stabbed to death outside of an Atlanta nightclub, along with his friend Jacinth Baker. Their murders remain unsolved.
According to USA Today, Lewis was the only suspect to plead guilty in relation to the case and was originally charged with two counts of murder. However, he struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for a testimony against two of his cohorts that evening.
But he never directly linked Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting to the murders and therefore was acquitted.
Though the event took place over a decade ago, the Schrotenboer family still grieves and wants justice served.
Read more at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here