*Ray Lewis has been receiving a lot of attention lately, being the fierce football player he is; his animated personality; and bringing his team so close to the Super Bowl.
But a family hasn’t forgotten the pain he’s caused them 13 years ago.
The Baltimore Ravens linebacker pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice after being charged with two counts of murder.
On the morning of Jan. 21, 2000, Brent Schrotenboer of Akron, Ohio was stabbed to death outside of an Atlanta nightclub, along with his friend Jacinth Baker. Their murders remain unsolved.
According to USA Today, Lewis was the only suspect to plead guilty in relation to the case and was originally charged with two counts of murder. However, he struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for a testimony against two of his cohorts that evening.
But he never directly linked Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting to the murders and therefore was acquitted.
Though the event took place over a decade ago, the Schrotenboer family still grieves and wants justice served.
Read more at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here