In Milwaukee, Sprewell was arrested for disorderly conduct Monday afternoon, according to the the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
He was busted after police responded to multiple noise complaints regarding loud music at a residence in east Milwaukee. The police documents said officers received two complaints in the span of an hour, and Sprewell was booked around 4:15 p.m.
Police did not specify why Sprewell was arrested or if he lives at the house. The records did say that police were contacted several times about loud music at the residence in recent months, and the incident will be investigated by the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office.
Sprewell, who played 13 seasons with the Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks and Minnesota Timberwolves, is well-known for his run-ins with authority figures.
In 1997, Sprewell infamously choked head coach P.J. Carlesimo when both were with the Golden State Warriors. Sprewell allegedly threatened to kill Carlesimo, and the NBA suspended him for the remainder of the season (68 games) following the incident.
The next year, Sprewell spent three months under house arrest after being charged with reckless driving.
Sprewell, who was drafted 24th overall by Golden State in 1992, averaged 18.3 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists during the course of his career. He was named to the All-Star team in 1994, 1995, 1997 and 2001.
He retired after the 2004-05 season.
Sprewell’s home was foreclosed on in 2008. U.S. marshals auctioned off his 70-foot, $1.5 million yacht in 2007 and in 2011 Sprewell was among Wisconsin’s top “tax deadbeats,” owing the state $3.5 million in unpaid income taxes.
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here