The Motown legend showed up for lunch at La Scala on Thursday (Jan. 3), and asked to be seated by the hostess while she waited for one of her daughters to arrive.
But, the hostess refused because the venue has a strict policy of not seating incomplete parties unless they have a reservation.
Ross reportedly grew irate, ignored the hostess and seated herself – only to be told by the manager that she would not be served if she remained. The singer then stormed out.
Now owner Gigi Leon has spoken out to explain the incident, telling the New York Post, “I’m sorry that Miss Ross had a problem with that and she feels that the rules didn’t apply to her.
“Our policy is that we don’t sit incomplete parties. If people jump the line, our policy is we don’t serve them, and she was told that. We treat everyone the same whether you’re famous or not. We love having her as a customer. We’d be happy to have her back.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here