The Motown legend showed up for lunch at La Scala on Thursday (Jan. 3), and asked to be seated by the hostess while she waited for one of her daughters to arrive.
But, the hostess refused because the venue has a strict policy of not seating incomplete parties unless they have a reservation.
Ross reportedly grew irate, ignored the hostess and seated herself – only to be told by the manager that she would not be served if she remained. The singer then stormed out.
Now owner Gigi Leon has spoken out to explain the incident, telling the New York Post, “I’m sorry that Miss Ross had a problem with that and she feels that the rules didn’t apply to her.
“Our policy is that we don’t sit incomplete parties. If people jump the line, our policy is we don’t serve them, and she was told that. We treat everyone the same whether you’re famous or not. We love having her as a customer. We’d be happy to have her back.
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here