The Motown legend showed up for lunch at La Scala on Thursday (Jan. 3), and asked to be seated by the hostess while she waited for one of her daughters to arrive.
But, the hostess refused because the venue has a strict policy of not seating incomplete parties unless they have a reservation.
Ross reportedly grew irate, ignored the hostess and seated herself – only to be told by the manager that she would not be served if she remained. The singer then stormed out.
Now owner Gigi Leon has spoken out to explain the incident, telling the New York Post, “I’m sorry that Miss Ross had a problem with that and she feels that the rules didn’t apply to her.
“Our policy is that we don’t sit incomplete parties. If people jump the line, our policy is we don’t serve them, and she was told that. We treat everyone the same whether you’re famous or not. We love having her as a customer. We’d be happy to have her back.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here