*Season two of the Starz original series “Magic City” will feature Miami rapper Rick Ross in a juicy role – literally.
The bawse will play “Butterball,” the proprietor of an illegal Cuban/American gambling house in Miami known as a “bolita,” (the numbers racket). There are numerous bolitas in the Miami area and not surprisingly, Ben “the Butcher” Diamond (Danny Huston) is getting a cut from the illicit operations.
So how did this casting happen?
Ross, reportedly a huge fan of the series, visited the set last year and met the show’s creator Mitch Glazer who found a role for him.
Season two of “Magic City” returns in summer 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here