The ESPN writer/commentator who was suspended for his not so smart, ok, dumb arse comments, about Robert Griffin 3rd‘s status as a black man, is at it again.
With a recent appearance on a community access show in Detroit called “Flashpoint,” Parker sort of apologizes for his comments, but mainly inserts his foot in his mouth again and blames ESPN “First Take” producers.
Parker said that despite the network’s shock, “First Take” producers knew what he was going to say about RG3 and allowed him to proceed.
“I mean, we had a discussion inside a pre-production meeting. ” Parker says in the interview. “And not every single word but they knew which way we were going. I think, it’s not just off the cuff, obviously.”
Parker also backed off his apology in a sense, saying that he never claimed he thought RGIII was a “cornball brother”, he was simply raising the question which therefore means he shouldn’t have received the backlash that he got from every human being on the planet.
“It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes or famous entertainers or whatever push away from their people. And that’s really what it was about,” Parker said defensively. “We saw with OJ Simpson and some other people where they say, ‘I’m not black, I’m OJ.’ So it’s more about that, not about RG III and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing we’ve battled for years about why people have pushed away from their people.”
To cap things off, Parker not only basically rescinded his already half-ass apology, but he said everyone who reacted to his comments was out of line for being mad. In other words, don’t blame him.
“I mean looking back on some of the comments I can see where people can take it out of context and run with it,” Parker said. “But the response and what happened over the past 30 days with everything was just shocking.”
Oh yeah, Parker’s suspension is over in about a week, so get ready for more superb insight. Whoopee! Can’t wait.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here