The ESPN writer/commentator who was suspended for his not so smart, ok, dumb arse comments, about Robert Griffin 3rd‘s status as a black man, is at it again.
With a recent appearance on a community access show in Detroit called “Flashpoint,” Parker sort of apologizes for his comments, but mainly inserts his foot in his mouth again and blames ESPN “First Take” producers.
Parker said that despite the network’s shock, “First Take” producers knew what he was going to say about RG3 and allowed him to proceed.
“I mean, we had a discussion inside a pre-production meeting. ” Parker says in the interview. “And not every single word but they knew which way we were going. I think, it’s not just off the cuff, obviously.”
Parker also backed off his apology in a sense, saying that he never claimed he thought RGIII was a “cornball brother”, he was simply raising the question which therefore means he shouldn’t have received the backlash that he got from every human being on the planet.
“It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes or famous entertainers or whatever push away from their people. And that’s really what it was about,” Parker said defensively. “We saw with OJ Simpson and some other people where they say, ‘I’m not black, I’m OJ.’ So it’s more about that, not about RG III and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing we’ve battled for years about why people have pushed away from their people.”
To cap things off, Parker not only basically rescinded his already half-ass apology, but he said everyone who reacted to his comments was out of line for being mad. In other words, don’t blame him.
“I mean looking back on some of the comments I can see where people can take it out of context and run with it,” Parker said. “But the response and what happened over the past 30 days with everything was just shocking.”
Oh yeah, Parker’s suspension is over in about a week, so get ready for more superb insight. Whoopee! Can’t wait.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here