The Baltimore County coroner says he died of cardiovascular disease. “Morbid obesity” was listed as a contributing factor for Chew who had little to no acting experience before “The Wire.” He was part of the cast of the Baltimore based HBO show for five seasons.
“Robert was not only an exceptional actor, he was an essential part of the film and theater community in Baltimore,” wrote David Simon, creator of ‘The Wire’ in an email to The Sun. “He could have gone to New York or Los Angeles and commanded a lot more work, but he loved the city as his home and chose to remain here working. He understood so much about his craft that it was no surprise at all that we would go to him to coach our young actors in season four. He was the conduit through which they internalized their remarkable performances.”
Chew’s funeral will be held in Baltimore on Thursday, January 24, at Calvin-Scruggs Funeral Home.
Read/learn more at the Baltimore Sun.
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here