The Baltimore County coroner says he died of cardiovascular disease. “Morbid obesity” was listed as a contributing factor for Chew who had little to no acting experience before “The Wire.” He was part of the cast of the Baltimore based HBO show for five seasons.
“Robert was not only an exceptional actor, he was an essential part of the film and theater community in Baltimore,” wrote David Simon, creator of ‘The Wire’ in an email to The Sun. “He could have gone to New York or Los Angeles and commanded a lot more work, but he loved the city as his home and chose to remain here working. He understood so much about his craft that it was no surprise at all that we would go to him to coach our young actors in season four. He was the conduit through which they internalized their remarkable performances.”
Chew’s funeral will be held in Baltimore on Thursday, January 24, at Calvin-Scruggs Funeral Home.
Read/learn more at the Baltimore Sun.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here